1st Post

Let everyone know a little about yourself
thos25

1st Post

Post by thos25 »

Hi You Guys, My name is Tom and This is ny first post. What a great site!! I have been a Comet Fan since 1966. My brother bought a 64 Cyclone; Carnival Red on Red, 289 4spd, that year. I had just got out of the Navy and Here my baby brother had the hottest "Chick Magnet" in town! He was drafted in 68 and KIA in March of 69 at Cu Chi. I was in college then and my mom sold the car much to my pleading not to. I can understand her motivation but I did't want to lose the car. In the summer of 1994 I spotted a Comet with a hugh red X on it laying completely trashed along side a rail spur. Sure as you're born it was a Cyclone, a "65". I asked the railroad men about it and they said it had been there for weeks and was going to the crusher,hence the Red X. I hauled what was left away, for free. All I got was the body shell, no running gear, glass, interior, nothing. My wife flipped when I drug it up on the driveway. My younger son,who was filled with stories about his uncle's Cyclone thought he had gone to heaven. Thus began a father-son project that continues to this day. I hope to share some pics with you, if anyone is interested, when I become more familiar with the site! Thanks for your time and ESPECIALLY for such a great site Reg :D ards Tom

rditz

Post by rditz »

Tom,

Awesome tail.. good luck with your project, I know how much it means when you have something to grow the father/son relationship... My son helped me with my '66 2door hardtop.

The folks here are great and will answer whatever your questions are.. there is a lot of experience and enthusiasm for Comets, so remeber that there is no question too trivial to this bunch....

Another great resource is Comet East Forum (there is a link off of the main page....)

Rod

CALIFORNIA CALIENTE

First Post

Post by CALIFORNIA CALIENTE »

Welcome!I have some[most],of the glass for a 65Hardtop if you need any.What part of the good ole U.S.A. are you in?I also have a cherry set of doors.It is great to have a child help with a project.Good Luck on your Comet. ROY .
Real Racecars have 3 pedals

supercomet

Post by supercomet »

welcome aboard tom. good to see that another one of these under rated muscle cars is being saved. Also good to hear that your son is interested in the hobby too. I am only 22 but trying to find younger folks that are into the older cars is getting harder and harder. Keep up the good work and share pics when you can. If you have any questions, as stated before, let us know and someone will get you a good answer.
Drew Wanzer
"I love the smell of roasting tires in the morning"