Let me start!!!!!!!!

Upload pictures of your Comets and Projects to share with everyone.
Jims65cyclone

Re: Let me start!!!!!!!!

Post by Jims65cyclone »

Burnouts don't do anything for me, either. My build objective is a dependable car I can cruise Rt.66 from one end to the other. 8)

Jim

Joe Travers

Post by Joe Travers »

Boss/Cyclone wrote:
Fri Dec 23, 2022 7:13 am
I thought I was the only one. Everyone seems so impressed with burnouts. I'm of the thought spinning ain't winning. Plus just burning up good tires makes no sense to me. The only place for a burnout is warming up the tires at the dragstrip right before making a pass.
What always impressed me from an early age was the $5 on the dashboard grab contest.
Before seat belts were mandatory, when you could buy carton of smokes from the PX.

Joe

1963 1/2 Custom Hardtop
342 stroker, solid roller, T-10, 3.55 posi

poboyjo65

Post by poboyjo65 »

Yea before I put in a new chunk I guess the clutches were worn out because when I first got the car going it would almost come out of the hole with out spinning . I think it did a very few times .but even with 295/50/15s one side would always slip after that & when it did my head & upper body would kinda whip forward like I hit the brakes when it lost traction & quit pulling . so now with a good diff & bigger tires it's so nice not to spin!!! & to feel that pull in 1st & second for a change.
And as expensive as these wide tires are who would want to sit in one spot & wear em down? :? :?
These ones I have were over 800 bucks when I bought them just 2-3 years ago, I noticed a few months ago they were near a grand & now they're 1100 a pr!!!
https://www.summitracing.com/parts/MTT- ... sZEALw_wcB
also they were a tad cheaper than the next size up like Lou runs now they're a over 1000
https://www.summitracing.com/parts/HOO- ... VnEALw_wcB

So now I really dont want to spin
Johno