Pictures of my 64 Comet - a.k.a "Midnight Mistress"

Upload pictures of your Comets and Projects to share with everyone.
markrich0726

Pictures of my 64 Comet - a.k.a "Midnight Mistress"

Post by markrich0726 »

Hello to everyone! Here is a link to my 1964 Comet. http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2938875
My brother and I built the car for my dad back in 2001. It was Turquoise in color and turned out nice enough that my dad starting showing it in local car shows. In 2002 my mom became terminally sick, knowing that she was ill my mom took the last bit of money she had and bought my dad a paint job, Vintage Air a/c and some other things needed to complete the car. In April 2004 my mom passed away and my dad neglected the Comet. It sat in the weather and started to rust again. In 2006 I purchased the car back from my dad and wanted to rebuild the car in memory of my mom. It took about a year to construct and make the transformation but it has been well worth it. I feel my mom is with me every time I drive the " Midnight Mistress". Please enjoy the site!
Thanks,
Mark

SASSY

Post by SASSY »

First of all, Welcome! I've seen your car on the Domain site
and commented then very happy to see you here!
The story is touching, and I wandered about the death till ya part
thing. Thanks for sharing.
Fred

markrich0726

Post by markrich0726 »

Fred,
The reason I put "till death do we part' is because the only way I will get rid of her is if I am in Heaven! My wife thought the slogan was wishing death on me, but once I explained how I felt she understood and felt a little better about the slogan. That car means alot to me and I will not get rid of it.
Thanks for asking.
Thanks,
Mark