65 4 door Rat project

Upload pictures of your Comets and Projects to share with everyone.
65_Rat_Merc

65 4 door Rat project

Post by 65_Rat_Merc »

Id love to show you guys my latest project but I keep getting a "board attachment quota has been reached" message. 65 4 door with the coolest patina ever!! 200 I6 auto car. All the trim is with the car, underneath has no rot whatsoever!! Plan is to fix the brakes, new wheels and tires, scotch pad the body and clear coat it, and drive it for the season. Next year, she gets a 5.0 :twisted:

Groover

Re: 65 4 door Rat project

Post by Groover »

1964 Comet Caliente Convertible
30,000 miles on our rebuild

All Comets start out as dreams...

65_Rat_Merc

Post by 65_Rat_Merc »

It works!! Thank you Groover!

Jims65cyclone

Post by Jims65cyclone »

Welcome aboard! Start you a build thread and just keep adding to it as the project progresses. That way we can all keep up with your progress.
Jim

Loner

Post by Loner »

Cool car. I learned long ago rust is a type of patina. Guys would bring in cars and they only wanted the dents knocked out. At first I wasn't to fond of it and now I like it as long as the clear coat isn't a gloss finish.
Like Jim said start a build thread and ask around for parts you need. At times the parts can take a while to locate. Welcome to the forum.

Matt

65_Rat_Merc

Post by 65_Rat_Merc »

It will be a matte clear for sure! I will keep you guys updated on my progress :-)

poboyjo65

Post by poboyjo65 »

What is the process to clear over rust? do you sand down the roughest parts & just try not to hit bare metal or what? & while I'm askin,what is the paint code for that car 65 rat?

I have always liked getting cars that haven't been painted ,or aged, patina ,what ever you want to call it. & the look of one with a new set of wheels & tires,,,... that still on the first go-around but,, but,,but with recent TLC applied by a new lover, on its' way back look. if ya what I mean :wink: :P
Johno

Loner

Post by Loner »

Johno I just ruff the car up with a scotch bright pad and spray it. Not really my style but I do like the on its way back look. Like you said, new wheels, shine up the chrome, find one of those new Caliente badges with the flag, for the back ect.ect.

Matt

poboyjo65

Post by poboyjo65 »

Loner wrote:Johno I just ruff the car up with a scotch bright pad and spray it. Not really my style but I do like the on its way back look. Like you said, new wheels, shine up the chrome, find one of those new Caliente badges with the flag, for the back ect.ect.

Matt
Those are hard to find!! :lol:
Johno

Loner

Post by Loner »

Tell me about it. I have only seen pictures :roll: :roll: :lol: