My 62 Comet

Upload pictures of your Comets and Projects to share with everyone.
sideshow

Re: My 62 Comet

Post by sideshow »

Thanks. next project is locating a rear seat. There is one in ebay that I am watching.

sideshow

My 62 Comet

Post by sideshow »

So I replaced my master cylinder today, when I did the scarebird front disc conversion. I got the m/c for the 67/70 mustang for some reason I got a drum/drum m/c. I never noticed it when I installed it. I have driven the car for awhile now, and always had to double tap the brakes to get the pedal to be perfect. So i was looking at my new Mustangs unlimited catalog, (I have a 69 fastback as well) they have a new 1 inch bore M/C and I thought about getting that. but then I noticed the master cylinder I had was incorrect. all of a sudden it hit me. I got the wrong M/C. long story short I installed a master cylinder from a Granada and problem solved. Also FYI if you do the scarebird disc brake conversion watch the caliper pin bolts mine were touching the rotors causing a scraping noise.

sideshow

Post by sideshow »

Update, I put carpet over the rear seat area, and painted the inside of the roof with trunk paint.

SASSY

Post by SASSY »

Like the interior work!
Goes with rest of the car.
Fred
I'd rather do it myself if it's done right or not,,,isn't that what hotrodding is all about

sideshow

Post by sideshow »

Thanks appreciate it....

sideshow

Post by sideshow »

So technically the Comet is "done" Although I am kicking the idea around of repainting it. I am leaning towards the Hot rod black from Eastwood and the painting the roof in a 60's red metal flake.

SASSY

Post by SASSY »

I like the idea
With some classic pinstriping,,,,,,,
How about scalops?
I'd rather do it myself if it's done right or not,,,isn't that what hotrodding is all about

comrick317

Post by comrick317 »

Nice Comet , i really like this style i think they look nice when finished. All ya need now are some flames. :mrgreen:
Love the Comets