99% Complete

Upload pictures of your Comets and Projects to share with everyone.
1965comet

99% Complete

Post by 1965comet »

Just about there guys...

http://1965comet.net/Finished.htm

Here are a bunch of pictures....

g
George
1965 Comet 202

CALIFORNIA CALIENTE

Re: 99% Complete

Post by CALIFORNIA CALIENTE »

George;your Comet has turned out stunning!! You should feel very proud knowing that you did damned near everything on that car!!!! I can't wait until I am parked in the same show with that beauty!!!!Now if I can just get Wil to hang those phones up and get to work on his 65 sedan!!!! I never paid much attention to the sedans until you and Wil and Miss Daisy built them.Congratulations on a Super Build!!!! ROY.
Real Racecars have 3 pedals

lowrider91

Post by lowrider91 »

WOW!!!!! Very nice George. Your attention to detail is awesome. Can't stop looking! How long have you been working on the car? Looks like you planned out your build very carefully and thoroughly, and it shows in your final results. I am in the begining stages of restoring a 64 Caliente. I got it in May from Madera CA. I am thinking of doing a TCI front end, 347ci, 9inch. Which did you use? Wondering what kind of paint and coating products you used ? I am also going to do as much as possible myself. Trying to have a plan in place. I have the car completely torn down and up on jack stands. I am in the landscaping buisiness, my season ends around Nov. 1st (unless it snows)and doesn't start back up until April 1st. Gonna try to put in 8 hours a day the whole winter. Your car looks flawless. I hope my end results looks as good as yours as well as others I have seen on this site. Thanks for the inspiration, Jim
It's like a Falcon only cooler!

1965comet

Post by 1965comet »

Thanks for the support guys...

Jim...

It took me 6 years...I used the Rod & Custom Motorsports front end. I used a lot of SPI products for the primer and clear and used PPG OMNI paint for the color. Please post pics of your build and I'm more than happy to share all my mistakes with you. Everything I did took multiple attempts before I got it right...or close enough...
George
1965 Comet 202

Boss/Cyclone
Site Admin
Location: South Central Michigan (Near Michigan International Speedway)

Post by Boss/Cyclone »

Beautiful car, I love the gauge cluster. Very clean look you have there. 8)
1965 Mercury Cyclone former drag car, 1971 Boss 351 engine, 4 speed, ladder bars, etc. Now returned to a street car.
Larry

1965comet

Post by 1965comet »

Just an update on the Comet. I've got 600 miles on her and she handles well on the freeway.

I got the front end aligned and they were not able to give me any positive caster. One side is +.2* and the other side is -.2*. They said they ran out of room on the hat and that any more caster would have resulted in negative camber and the guy doing it didn't want to go into the negative at all...

I still need to get a new speedo...when the speedometer reads 72, my gps read 66...so not too far off...I'm thiniking I need a speedo gear with one less tooth...is that right guys?

I still get hot at idle, but as long as I'm rolling, the temp is solid...

Happy New Year all.....

g
George
1965 Comet 202