New Guy-New Ride

Upload pictures of your Comets and Projects to share with everyone.
OhioCaliente64

New Guy-New Ride

Post by OhioCaliente64 »

Bought this '64 Caliente just the way it sits. Probably going to make a few modifications after I drive it awhile. It was a North Carolina car,originally a 260,two barrel,three speed. Now a .030 over 289 with Edelbrock cam,intake and carb. Has headers and a C4 with shift kit. Looks like a Mustang floor shift. Right now it's a case of "if it ain't broke don't fix it". It runs too damn good as is. Maybe a Petronix kit and an alternator this winter. Also not crazy about the fruit jar master cyl. So I'll probably have a few questions for you all down the road.
'64 Caliente 2-door hardtop,.030 over 289 with Edelbrock cam,intake,and carb. C4 with shift kit and Mustang floor shift.

CALIFORNIA CALIENTE

Re: New Guy-New Ride

Post by CALIFORNIA CALIENTE »

That looks like a sweet ride.Welcome to the site.I used a dual master cylinder for a drum brake 67 Mustang,fits perfect.I also used a GM type one wire alternator. ROY.
Real Racecars have 3 pedals

OhioCaliente64

Post by OhioCaliente64 »

Thanks for the info Roy. Will the GM alternator bolt up to the Comet generator bracket?
'64 Caliente 2-door hardtop,.030 over 289 with Edelbrock cam,intake,and carb. C4 with shift kit and Mustang floor shift.

Boss/Cyclone
Site Admin
Location: South Central Michigan (Near Michigan International Speedway)

Post by Boss/Cyclone »

Welcome, I am just about an hour and a half due North of you. Hope to see you at some cruises or shows next year. 8)
1965 Mercury Cyclone former drag car, 1971 Boss 351 engine, 4 speed, ladder bars, etc. Now returned to a street car.
Larry

Boss/Cyclone
Site Admin

Post by Boss/Cyclone »

Oh yeah, almost forgot, that is a beautiful car! Also, I don't think that a GM alternator will bolt up to a 64 generator bracket. However, alternator brackets for 65 Mustangs are easy to find and work perfectly. I like to by the one wire alternator from Summit Racing that has a Ford alternator housing. Just makes it a little easier to bolt it right up.
1965 Mercury Cyclone former drag car, 1971 Boss 351 engine, 4 speed, ladder bars, etc. Now returned to a street car.
Larry

OhioCaliente64

Post by OhioCaliente64 »

Thanks for the info, Boss. I have looked at the Ford one wire alternator in the Jeg's catalog. Probably the same as the Summit one. I'm going to the All Ford deal in Columbus Thanksgiving weekend so I'll most likely look for parts there. By the way, that's an impressive stable you have there!

Boss/Cyclone
Site Admin

Post by Boss/Cyclone »

OhioCaliente64 wrote:Thanks for the info, Boss. I have looked at the Ford one wire alternator in the Jeg's catalog. Probably the same as the Summit one. I'm going to the All Ford deal in Columbus Thanksgiving weekend so I'll most likely look for parts there. By the way, that's an impressive stable you have there!

Maybe I will see you there. I have been going almost every year since the late 80's.
Larry