Ratical 2012

Upload pictures of your Comets and Projects to share with everyone.
Ratical

Ratical 2012

Post by Ratical »

Been Awhile, Im still here. and do keep check on whats going on. looking fwd to june in the smokies.. been putting off all my comet work. took that "great day shift position" at work, twice the responicibilty. more overtime, and more headaches. but not giving up on my garage duties. did some service work on my other rides. rebuilt the mowing deck on my garden tractor. and now finnaly back to work on comet in time for summer. durring christmas i rewired the Holley Avenger EFI. and since have been aquiring Parts. had another T5 on the shelf. dissasembled it and orederd a Tremec rebuild kit and input / 4th gear shaft. moved my rearend fwd a bit (closer to stock) and measured and got a new driveshaft and yoke from "Southwest Speed" installed all those items last weekend. now ive tore down the Mustang II front to measure and order new control Arms (my bushings shot) installing my new tank with sump i built at christmas. so maybe in a week or so I will be ready for alignment and some summer cruisin. and since we all love pics so much i shot some of the mess i got going on. gonna try and stay caught up. so we will have plenty
of fresh topics in june.

Also car guys garage featured a pic of me and my car while wearing there shirt in garage the posted it on Facebook
Be Good and You Will Be Lonesome

comethead

Re: Ratical 2012

Post by comethead »

Rock and Roll!
Lookin forward to more of your work updates. It might motivate me to take my car apart and get it painted! Oh and nice garage!

Joe
1965 Caliente HT- 289/4 speed
1964 Falcon HT- track car- 302/4 speed

popscomet

Post by popscomet »

HEY,hey...from behind ----you'd pass for that OLE BOY,wife's UNCLE ran out of his water-melon patch last year,come to think of it ,he said the culprit left in a PRETTY BLUE older car....( I wonder).......IT sure is good to hear from ya .and I SEE ,,your still doing mighty fine work and it sounds like you 've been busy...later my friend :!: pop :shock: :roll: 8)
pop/glenda

Ratical

Post by Ratical »

thanks, its a dry place to work, needs cleanning. still pokin at the comet. tanks in, still needs plumbed. all my frontend is here from "Jim Weimers Rod Garage" wish i had gotten it all from him in the begining. Very nice Stuff. Painted all my control arms, also upgraded to a Flaming River Quick Ratio Rack. So as all my projects it quickly turned into a complete redo. will get some pics been setting ride hight this morning gotta put it back up and retorqe everthing..

popscomet

Post by popscomet »

:shock: Sounds great,best of luck,,I got a flaming river rack for my cobra kit car.... :!: pop :D
pop/glenda

SASSY

Post by SASSY »

Hey! good to see ya! haha
I read EFI and I see modified tank
When did this happen and any pics?
What do you end up with for fuel pickup and del.?
derf
I'd rather do it myself if it's done right or not,,,isn't that what hotrodding is all about

Ratical

Post by Ratical »

Yea i Think I created A post "Holley EFI" I get all running i will update some more. But for now after many issues (rack- Lower control arm clearnce, Uper control arm- Spring Hat Clearnce,) the front is together. still gotta double check everything and waiting on longer tie rod ends. alignment next week. some pics cause they are better than my typing.

SASSY

Post by SASSY »

Nice lookin front end
to be honest,little nervous about the antisway bar mount.
How many miles on it?
Oh, found the EFI post, Looking forward to more on it.
Fred
I'd rather do it myself if it's done right or not,,,isn't that what hotrodding is all about

Ratical

Post by Ratical »

thanks. and whats the worry? i have yet to put any miles on. the sway bar is only connected for the pic. i still have to put bushings in the mount bolts.

SASSY

Post by SASSY »

Ya, I realize about the bushings
Pretty big bar with short arms creates a lot force
on the upper a-arm tubing
when your running the gymcanna(?GAwd i wish there was a spell check on heer!) course,,
which I know you like to do! jmo
Fred

Ratical

Post by Ratical »

ohh I see. was just wondering if there was some dangerious aspect I wasnt seeing. Thanks, I like twisty roads, I may stay away from the autocross tracks this summer. but for now im satisfied with the ride hight and awaiting alignment.

popscomet

Post by popscomet »

SHARP SHARP,,,looks good ,in fact it's better then good .......it's great :!: :!: :!: :roll: 8) pop :D
pop/glenda

popscomet

Post by popscomet »

popscomet wrote:SHARP SHARP,,,looks good ,in fact it's better then good .......it's great :!: :!: :!: :roll: 8) pop :D
have we lost a hub cap :?:
pop/glenda

Ratical

Post by Ratical »

naa pop its in garage. had the wheels on and off so much, plus i send it to alignment without them. best to leave them off to prevent chipping/scratiching chrome or denting on install. but glad you noticed..

popscomet

Post by popscomet »

YEP,have the same set up on wife's 56 ford,those caps are so easy to dimple.......pop :D
pop/glenda