Ratical 2012

Upload pictures of your Comets and Projects to share with everyone.
Ratical

Re: Ratical 2012

Post by Ratical »

Well all together, no time for shakedown run. Fillerup and Head to first Cruise in. about 45 miles away. no problems, T5 has a lil wine (hoping bearings are a lil tight) its getting quiter or im getting used to it. small gas leak at new sending unit. and still gets hotter in traffic (next Project). Noticed more road vibration (solid rack bushings, semi solid trans mount) but all in all there and back no problem. wish i took a ton of pics but i just got one, of a 64, so here you go sassy, pop, and all others. but there was only one 64 there and one 65 (mine, and yall have seen it)

Be Good and You Will Be Lonesome

popscomet

Post by popscomet »

Glad your 1st run on the new stuff went well,,and thanks for the pic,black looks good on that 64,and OLE POP never gets tired of looking at your 65! have a good day,and take care,hope to see you soon (it's CLOSE).....POP :D
pop/glenda

SASSY

Post by SASSY »

Ya nice 64, did, ya catch the black top and tan ITEM in the background!!!
Check all us ole guys in the shade above the engine
what they lookin at?? :mrgreen: :lol: :lol: :lol:
I'd rather do it myself if it's done right or not,,,isn't that what hotrodding is all about

CALIFORNIA CALIENTE

Post by CALIFORNIA CALIENTE »

Nice arm candy!!!! KOOL Comet,for a 64!!!!!!! ROY.
Real Racecars have 3 pedals

SASSY

Post by SASSY »

Ya you could have no teeth and 1 eye, no one would notice!! :lol:
I'd rather do it myself if it's done right or not,,,isn't that what hotrodding is all about

popscomet

Post by popscomet »

That ole guy in the white socks with his legs crossed,,,,,,bet if you offered him a beer....he'd take it :!: that guy sitting next to him with his leg stretched out,would tell a lie if given the chance and the one on the end in sun0glasses ,won't move fast enough to catch a cold....JMO :roll: :lol: :lol: pop
pop/glenda

SASSY

Post by SASSY »

bUT THAT IS A NICE PIC OF A 64,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,THANKS RAT :lol:

Ratical

Post by Ratical »

Still Busy. Gettin Ready for Good Guys Nashville this weekend. Decided to SOLVE the cooling problem. was browsin ebay back in the spring and found a new with scuffs Be Cool fully polished 67-68 mustang radiator really cheap. picked it up and later got the matching dual electric fans. and so this week began the install. its a tight fit. of course i wanted to keep the batery up front and further complicate matters. but its in. relays are fired by the ecu from the efi. and there on seaprate outputs and i can program them to come on and go off at whatever tempeture i like. Im sure the hot weather will help me decide. Also instaled a GANO filter. and Filled it up with Be Coolant.. some phots to add color to my post

old aluminum radiator, probaly be fine just no room for shroud or electric fan and airflow was an issue

New Radiator. couldnt just buy and install it

Fans installed

Ratical

Post by Ratical »

Ahh forgot to show how tight. more pics..

popscomet

Post by popscomet »

MAN thats cool(do you get it :?: ) you never caese to amaze OLE POP,,,great work as always :!: :shock: :lol: pop 8)
pop/glenda

SASSY

Post by SASSY »

Thats pretty damm TIDY for a RAT :shock:
Great job

Ratical

Post by Ratical »

Well wraped up the details. or as much as i could before time to leave. Put my plug wire seaperators on. hurst shifter boot and knob. Re wired the Battey cables with fancy connectors, washed and checked everything for the trip to the 7th annual Goodguys Nashville Nats.

Ratical

Post by Ratical »

Friday morning 70 mile trip. car ran great radiator and fans kept temps well under 200. good day at show, possibly only comet there. i had one coment made about my car, or well my wink mirror. thats it. left that evening and went to the murfressboro cruise in where many more noticed and talked. returned home (tired) about 150 miles driven 15.1 mpg.. next morning headed out to goodguys near the show interstae constrution had I24 close so the detour caused massive traffic jams. but the comet stayed cooled. drove aross the korean vetrans bridge built up nice speed and the vent windows cooled the inside nicely. pulled into the show entrance gave them my tickets and pulled in and it died. like the key was shut off. checked the holley efi handheld. it wasnt syncing with ecu. and so i was dead in water. called holley tech, said nothing they can do to help. send them ecu in mail.. so i pushed it to the side of the entry road. and made arrangements for my truck and trailer to be brought down. also some local guys that was there stoped to help and would have been more than happy to give me a ride back, thank goodness for great friends. i tried to check out the show but just aint the same when yours is broke. trailer arived loaded well and got her back and in garage last nite. time to go put the autolite back on so i can make it in june. and decide what to do with this efi. (see what holley does) but did find some goodies in the swap meet.
broken
Swap meet emblems

juddp39532

Post by juddp39532 »

Good score! I've been missing one door emblem but I'm too cheap to pay the price they go for. :oops:

CALIFORNIA CALIENTE

Post by CALIFORNIA CALIENTE »

Judd;I sent you a PM,let me know!! ROY.
Real Racecars have 3 pedals