Ratical 2012

Upload pictures of your Comets and Projects to share with everyone.
SASSY

Re: Ratical 2012

Post by SASSY »

Hey Rat, sorry to hear about your probs.
Yes, computors have a down side,,,,,,,,
I'd rather do it myself if it's done right or not,,,isn't that what hotrodding is all about

comethead

Post by comethead »

Ratical wrote:...time to go put the autolite back on so i can make it in june.
Sucks you broke...hope Holley stands beside their stuff.
That old Ford carb should keep you rolling.

And damn your car looks good!

Joe
1965 Caliente HT- 289/4 speed
1964 Falcon HT- track car- 302/4 speed

Ratical

Post by Ratical »

Well ECU shipped off. wound up with the holley 4160 back on. Added nice lil BE COOL radiator cap and March Aluminum undrive pulleys today. Forgot pics but will update soon. better yet come on up pigeon Forge and look it over up close.. also looking for a 65 trunk lid if anybody wants to bring up to gathering let me know its for my next project idea.
Be Good and You Will Be Lonesome

Ratical

Post by Ratical »

popscomet

Post by popscomet »

I'm not going to tell you how nothing looks,,not on a post,not to day nor tomorrow :!: POP is going to wait for a week,pat you on the back,shake your hand and look you square in the eye ball ,then I'll tell you just how great your work and your comet looks to me.................. :lol: pop...see ya soon :!:
pop/glenda

Ratical

Post by Ratical »

Shipped the ecu off Tuesday. Drove out to the cruise in fri night, returned home to a box delivered. Holley warranty center shipped me a brand new ecu and handheld controller. Very impressed. So after work sat I reinstalled the pump and throttle body and was back on the road with efi so headed out to smith county for a cruise in. Meet alot of new people. Everthing ran great. So we wil try it again. Maybe even try driving it up to pigeon forge next weekend..

SASSY

Post by SASSY »

Great to hear about the ecu.
Just wondering, HOW LONG DID IT TAKE YOU TO LINE UP THE PAINT CANS FOR THE PIC??? :lol: :lol: 8)
I'd rather do it myself if it's done right or not,,,isn't that what hotrodding is all about

Ratical

Post by Ratical »

Hey now,, my ocd makes me keep them cans in perfect order. Yea I got tired of running to town everarbytime I needed some tire foam or carb cleaner. I look for sales or best prices and stock up. Same with oil changes, light bulbs, fuses and so on. Just don't let too many friends know or they will hang out aot and always wanna work on there rides at my place

SASSY

Post by SASSY »

Hey ,hows that console comin?

Dexietamo

nothing else

Post by Dexietamo »

I think that's right!

Ratical

Post by Ratical »

Console is on the list, along with many other things not gettting done. Did buy a new battery and build a clamp. I used my other battery for my other time asoberent. As pop influenced me to buy candi a tractor. Its a 1948 Ford 8N. It needs alot but only getting what it needs to run reliable. Some pics just for entertainment.
as for the tractor. Im doing a 12v conversion. Rebuilt the carb, cleaned the tank and linned it. Blasted and painted the front wheels ready to mount new tires. Looks like now im gonna need a new radiator before I can put the tank and hood back on. But it has got me wanting to get back on the comet.

popscomet

Post by popscomet »

Been out of pocket on this thing lately ! BUT I'm here now ! RATICAL,be fore you buy any thing for Ms CANDI'S tractor,hollar at me 1st,,a friend of mine deals in after market parts for those tractors,he shut his store down a few yrs ago,he runs it from his home shop now(semi-retired) the 1st and most important thing you put on that old tractor is an over ride clutch on the out put shaft of the PTO,(it may already have one)with out it while bush hoggin even when holding clutch in ,it will shove the tractor thru a fench,a wall a car what ever!They cost way less than a 100.00 and worth every penny! It's a good looking tractor and I bet Ms CANDI is grinning from ear to ear,(ha-ha) I think it cool when a woman has her own tractor,now go get her own lawn mower,but have a heart and get it with electric start :!: POP's here if you need him :!: :!:
pop/glenda