Pigeon Forge Gathering 2012

Upload pictures of your Comets and Projects to share with everyone.
Ratical

Pigeon Forge Gathering 2012

Post by Ratical »

June 8,9,10 we had a Gathering of Comet East members and Mercury Comet Performance Forum along with anyone else who wished to attend. Located at the Mountain Breeze Motel in Pigeon Forge TN. We was treaded with great hospitality, they set up a tent for us, allowed us to park our cars in the grass along the Parkway, and offered plenty of room for trucks with trailers. I would like to Thank "Corky" for putting this together, and he says "He couldnt have done it without us" so thanks to the other comet owners who drove or towed there comets from near and afar. Another thanks to members and Friends who couldn't bring cars but came anyway to hang out, shake hands, or join us for some face time. Corky said it was to put a face with the online username, he nailed it! Now I have a Face to go along with the Friends I now consider to be even closer. I had a great time, and hope everone else did as well. Hope everone had a safe trip Home. Looking Foward to being there next year its planned for "June 7,8,9 2013" and will do our best to make it every bit as good as this year if not better.

Our turn out was Pleasing we had 1, 1961 - 1, 1963 - 4, 1964 - 4, 1965 and some other guest who dropped in driving/ riding some equally nice rides.

Corky's 64 From W KY

Mike's 63 Driven From CA

Wane 1964 from GA

Joe's 1964 Cyclone from middle TN

J,L, 1965 Cyclone from GA

Greg 1965

Danny's 1965 Cyclone HiPo from Ohio

Pops 1964 from Ar

Jerry's 1961 from Mid TN

Ratical's 1965 from Mid TN

Some names slipped my mind. here is a link also to the account. also were gonna try to get up the photos of the owners with the cars.
http://s1091.photobucket.com/albums/i38 ... 2012%20PF/
Last edited by Ratical on Sun Jun 10, 2012 7:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Be Good and You Will Be Lonesome

CALIFORNIA CALIENTE

Re: Pigeon Forge Gathering 2012

Post by CALIFORNIA CALIENTE »

Thanks for posting!!! ROY.
Real Racecars have 3 pedals

383MERC

Post by 383MERC »

Even though i couldn't attend, it was great to follow on line with you guys! Thanks for the posts. I hope to attend next time. Mark
1963 Comet S-22 Drag Car
1964 Fairlane 2 door sedan T-Bolt Clone
2007 Shelby GT
1989 LX 5.0 Convertible

Groover

Post by Groover »

Here are some more photos and a few videos so you can hear the sound of these spectacular cars. The videos may take a while to load, and apologies for the jitter, but one can only do so much with an iPhone.

Start Up of Danny's 65 HiPo:

Start Up of the 65 Caliente Convertible:

Start Up of the 64 Cyclone:

Start Up of the 64 Caliente:

Sorry Ratical, Pops, and Mike. Never did get yours recorded.

Here's the rest of my photobucket:
http://s1231.photobucket.com/albums/ee5 ... ?start=all

Sure was a great time. Great to meet some online friends in person. And talk about motivational. We stopped and bought a new welder on the way home. Can't wait to get back in the garage and make some progress. Only 363 days until the next one.

Mike, you'll be glad to know there are several Prop 65 Warnings in the instruction manual for the new welder ;) so I feel pretty safe using it.
1964 Comet Caliente Convertible
30,000 miles on our rebuild

All Comets start out as dreams...

RCMike

Post by RCMike »

I hope they put those warnings on any welding wire you buy as well.. Gotta stay safe!
'63 Comet Hardtop

tinnocker

Post by tinnocker »

I guess I am rotten egg of the family since I bought a Falcon instead of a Comet, but it is kinda like your first girlfriend....you still have the memories. I still love Comets and I attended and was able to put some faces on the cars that I have been seeing posted. Everyone was very friendly and I saw some really nice cars. If you missed it this year you should make every effort to attend next year. I know I'll be there and I promise if my Falcon is ready, I'll park it on the back row. :lol:

popscomet

Post by popscomet »

TINNOCKER,just to show you how important you being there is,,where you park that falcon,I'm parking my comet next to it,it was good to meet you,I for sure want a ride in that FALCON,it sounds like it's gonna be a hand full....so bring the falcon next yr,just be there :!: POP
pop/glenda

corky broughton

Post by corky broughton »

Tinnocker,

You better bring that Falcon at the next Gathering. I agree with Pop, You can park between the two of us. The reason I own a Comet today was to re-live memories of when I owned a 1964 Falcon back in 71-73. Pop would be proud of me to admit I owned another Ford product.

I look forward to seeing and meeting you at the next Gathering, if not earlier. Take care, Corky

popscomet

Post by popscomet »

CORKY,POP is proud of you,regardless,now that I've shook your hand ,you get a free pass from OLE pop,,,LOL,(( take care--POP :D :shock:
pop/glenda

J.L. Dunk

Post by J.L. Dunk »

RADICAL THANKS FOR POSTING PICS VERY GOOD JOB HOPE TO SEE YOU NEXT TIME UNTIL THEN ROLL COMETS JL DUNK

J.L. Dunk

Post by J.L. Dunk »

pop was great to meet you and the boss hope to see you again soon because I am so nosie ROLL COMETS JLDUNK

popscomet

Post by popscomet »

JL ! the pleasure was all on my end,it was great BS'ing with you,,getting up as early as you do,even being retired,makes you the nosey-est person I know,,,stay asleep a little longer and buy you a damn news paper every couple of days :!: AND for the boss part,I have you to know that I run things around here(washing machine,dish washer,vacume cleaner.........I do pretty much what I want to ,,,,,,,(as long as she don't care) LOL thanks for helping US have a great wk-end,,,,see ya :!: soon I hope :!: POP/glenda :D :D
pop/glenda

poboyjo65

Post by poboyjo65 »

I heard it said it was good to put faces on the comets,someone told me I needed to put a comet on my face :!: :o
JL that might have been you, I still not sure how to take that! by the way, did you ever get up :?: heres the last thing I saw when I left :lol:
Johno

popscomet

Post by popscomet »

CRAP FIRE!! don't tell me JL actualy over slept :!: that was the last thing we saw,looking that direction.in the other direction,RATICAL rig was still waiting on them to get up :!: :!: POBOYJO.your comet looks good in the pic's,those whls set it off to me....I like it :D pop :shock:
pop/glenda

J.L. Dunk

Post by J.L. Dunk »

POP I DID NOT OVER SLEEP AND I AM THE BOSS ALSO WHEN SHE SAYS IT IS OK AND SUNDAY MORN. WAS NOT ONE OF THOSE TIMES BUT LIKE YOU I CAN RUN EVERY THING AROUND MY HOUSE IF SHE GIVES ME THE OK SO NOW YOU KNOW WHY THE LITTLE WHITE WAS LEFT ALONE BE SAFE AND ROLL COMETS JLDUNK