4spd cyclone

Upload pictures of your Comets and Projects to share with everyone.
popscomet

4spd cyclone

Post by popscomet »

WAS getting fuel for tractors this morning at the station,this old man(old like me and ROY,or at least like ROY :lol: started shootin the --it waiting for me to get thru with the DIESEL pump,said he had a 1970 factory 429 4spd cyclone,body was nice and glass,,interior was rough,,,,,,I acted ho-hum....but I did get his number come to find out it ain't 30/40 mins away from where I live..so I'll give it a day or three,then I might go see it..don't know if it's for sale or not ,cause I was HO-HUM,about it :?: :roll: pop :shock: :D
pop/glenda

Ratical

Re: 4spd cyclone

Post by Ratical »

humm what u thinkin bout doing with that pop??
Be Good and You Will Be Lonesome

popscomet

Post by popscomet »

Don't know NATHAN,don't even know if it can be got,,,,after I see it ,might not even want it,LORD knows I don't need it with all I got now,I will keep you posted on it,tho.The old man said he had alot of work done at a local engine shop here,that builds and has been building race motors for as long as I can recall,old man claims he spent 6,000 or so dollars on the engine ,but don't know if that was recent or yrs back,,like I said,I was HO-HUM about it,telling him I realy wanted to come and look at a tractor,,hope he don't read this :!: later!! tell Ms CANDI ,we said HEY :!: :D pop :D
pop/glenda

383MERC

Post by 383MERC »

Hey POP I may branch out a little as well. My buddy was making a delivery in a alley the other day and noticed a 66 cyclone in a lady's garage. He said it looked pretty decent. The lady was out so he asked her if she was interested in selling it. She said she wasn's sure, but gave him her name and number to pass along to me. We'll see. Oh, And she says to him "That's a 4 speed car you know" I'm thinkin' COOL!!! Mark
1963 Comet S-22 Drag Car
1964 Fairlane 2 door sedan T-Bolt Clone
2007 Shelby GT
1989 LX 5.0 Convertible

popscomet

Post by popscomet »

MARK that lady may be pretty sharp AS in the little ole lady from PASADINA !! good luck to you,,these old cars are still ,to be found,,,,just harder huntin..pop :D
pop/glenda

tinnocker

Post by tinnocker »

Pop, if there was one on every corner everybody would have one!

popscomet

Post by popscomet »

WELL spoken my falcon building friend,it's kinda odd when you ain't looking or not wanting another project,it finds you (SORTA).....hows the hand...gone bowling yet??? :lol: pop
pop/glenda

comethead

Post by comethead »

Buy it Pop!! Dont think...BUY!

:D

Joe
1965 Caliente HT- 289/4 speed
1964 Falcon HT- track car- 302/4 speed

tinnocker

Post by tinnocker »

Pop, the hand is doing good and I will go back to Falcon building Tuesday morning. I put my wheels for sale on TFFN this morning and messed up the picture posting on this forum before my wife said it was time for church. I get home and was going to post them on this site and Craigslist.. I turn the computer on and check my emails before posting the pics and a man form TFFN says he wants the wheels today. I think I sold them too cheap :cry: .

corky broughton

Post by corky broughton »

Pop, I would check on it. I told the story at the Gathering that I have a 1971 Cyclone Spoiler, 429 SCJ, 4sd. car in my garage. Ken H., a good friend of mine, from Memphis called me one evening in tears saying he could not maintain the car in storage due to going thru a bad divorce and that he needed me to come get the car out of storage. I went to Memphis with a trailer that day and picked the car up. I now have the car. Ken came to the Gathering and you met him. He and his new wife went out to Mama's Kitchen to eat with us and sat with Mary Anne. He is the person that is dealing with cancer but wanted to come and see all the Comets. I would really like to get the car up and running and drive it to him. Between chemo and radiation I'm not sure if he will be able to drive it but I would love to get the car back to him so he could see and drive it. It was the only Cyclone Spoiler that came to the Tri-state area (Tn., Miss, Ark.) when ordered. He ordered the car from a dealership in Memphis. There were only 254 of the cars built. I'm not sure how many 1970's were built but very few are out there today. I hope you check on it and the guy was up front with you. Take care, :D :D :D Corky

popscomet

Post by popscomet »

YES,I know the gentleman your talking about,and yes he is a very nice guy.I'm going to check it out one day this week if at all possible,you never know what kind of deal you might come up wiyh...remember the ten dollar MERCURY I told about ?? had I not stoped and ask if it was for sale,,,it would have gotten away...so I'll for sure go see it,,thanks and you and yours' have a great day(whats left of it),,now back to washing 200lbs of mud from Race car!! :shock: :shock: pop :D :D
pop/glenda

popscomet

Post by popscomet »

Called owner,no contact :!: try,try and out of the clear blue sky,this ole boy called me yester day morning,,,,,is gonna show it to me 1st of next wk (or so he says) got my eyes,legs and fingers crossed..........pop :shock: :roll: :!:
pop/glenda

popscomet

Post by popscomet »

Been waiting all week ! Ain't heard from him...pop :x :evil:
pop/glenda

popscomet

Post by popscomet »

Ain't heard a PEEP,,,gonna wait a day or so then call him back,,who knows,,maybe he's had some bad luck.... we'll see !..... :shock: POP :D
pop/glenda

Lip Ripper

Post by Lip Ripper »

Marry the old lady with the floor jerker. A garage and a 4 speed Cyclone; c'mon!
66 Cyclone GT; 245/60R15's on 15x8's and 215/70R15's on 15x7 Magnum's.
There's nothing like the sound of a pushrod V8 singing at the top of her lung's.