65 AFX pics

Upload pictures of your Comets and Projects to share with everyone.
ants875

65 AFX pics

Post by ants875 »

My brother sent these to me from the Good Guys show in Charolette, NC last week. I don't know much about the car or the owner (is he a member of this forum?), but my brother did meet him and said he was super cool. They talked for a while about varius things and one thing that was interesting to me was what these motors are worth, if I understood correctly the gentleman got this motor from a friend it was a crate motor that had never been run and he paid over $20k for it :shock: :shock: . He also said that the AFX was the only car that Ford put these motors in from the factory, the rest were all sold as crate engines, I did not know that. It is an amazing looking motor and I bet a trip to drive, my brother said the car was absolutly beautiful in person. Anyway thought that i would share the pics.

Ant

Boss/Cyclone
Site Admin
Location: South Central Michigan (Near Michigan International Speedway)

Re: 65 AFX pics

Post by Boss/Cyclone »

That car is from Georgia and currently for sale. I am not a big fan, kind of a mess of ideas. Is it a gasser, is it an AFX? Like the builder has ADD. :lol: As for the engine, the last couple I have seen sell went North of $30,000 :shock:
1965 Mercury Cyclone former drag car, 1971 Boss 351 engine, 4 speed, ladder bars, etc. Now returned to a street car.
Larry

ants875

Post by ants875 »

Boss/Cyclone wrote:That car is from Georgia and currently for sale. I am not a big fan, kind of a mess of ideas. Is it a gasser, is it an AFX? Like the builder has ADD. :lol: As for the engine, the last couple I have seen sell went North of $30,000 :shock:
From what the guy told my brother its a clone and I thought he said it was an AFX clone but I'm probably wrong.

Ant

dwood

Post by dwood »

saw the car at carlise this year. DEFINATELY a Fair attempt at a clone. It a clone car definately

383MERC

Post by 383MERC »

I would love that mill for my 64 Fairlane! A little out of my price range. I was right next to it at Carlisle when they fired it up. Sounded sweet!
1963 Comet S-22 Drag Car
1964 Fairlane 2 door sedan T-Bolt Clone
2007 Shelby GT
1989 LX 5.0 Convertible

RCMike

Post by RCMike »

What motor is that? Is it a cammer?
'63 Comet Hardtop

RCMike

Post by RCMike »

Never mind.. Just read the fender..lol

A good friend of my dad has several of those in his warehouse.. I told dad to make a call when I was getting ready to do my swap, but it was a no go..

He had one in a 17 foot flat bottom, supercharged.. Thing was scary fast.. It was a first thing in the morning or last gasp of the evening boat.. You hit any kind of ripple on the lake and it was look out time.

But sooooooo cool..
'63 Comet Hardtop