tomahawks 67

Upload pictures of your Comets and Projects to share with everyone.
tomahawkcomet

tomahawks 67

Post by tomahawkcomet »

here is few pics of the comet without its new wheels yet, I have installed the 69 xr7 wing on it hate it or love it, I love it so :mrgreen:, just a few pics before the cyclone hood and new paint and wheels :wink:

67 caliente

B_Hix

Re: tomahawks 67

Post by B_Hix »

Nice man - Im digging it. :D. What are you planning for it and what motorvation do you have in her?
67 Comet
No power steering, 4-wheel drum brakes, 5 gears 'n' 400 + horsepower...
...hell yea it's fun

popscomet

Post by popscomet »

POP,likes it,,I think it stands out in a neat way....you did good !!
pop/glenda

tomahawkcomet

Post by tomahawkcomet »

Hix,pop, thanks! Means something when two guys nice of cars as you two to like it, its still the 289 2v in it, i had big motor plans but my first born is expected in june, so the motor build i want is on back burner, should still be a small block with plenty of hp when i get there for now i stuck a high rise manifold on it with a nice 650 carb, long tube headers, x pipe, flowmaster 44s( actually the back half isnt on yet ordered a week ago, ebay kit just ordered a 67 fairlane kit, should fit) converted to HEI, you cant tell by the pictures but the bottoms strips and strips on the hood are two different shades of grey....my painters kid got sick so it might be awhile before the cyclone hood and trunk will be painted with black strips and bottom strips will be black, the stance on the car still isnt right for me, im thinkin new wheels will fix that already have the cooper cobra tires just need my rims, i have 3 old slotted mags and figured it would be easy to get another matchin 1, no luck, so i might just order a whole new complete set i was thinkin the rocket wheels looks nice but like all things in my life are expected to change and evolve over time, so its just little things here and there as i go! Big plans for this car for sure :) ill be sure to update with pics!
67 caliente

B_Hix

Post by B_Hix »

Step 1, make a plan - sounds like you're all over it. A 289 is a great motor and you can do amazing things with them on the cheap. I'm with you, family first man - that ol car will wait patiently for her transformation and serve you loyally till then. Have fun with it! :mrgreen:
67 Comet
No power steering, 4-wheel drum brakes, 5 gears 'n' 400 + horsepower...
...hell yea it's fun

poboyjo65

Post by poboyjo65 »

Really nice lookin ride. I think your black stripe idea is great with the dark windows .like the wing too! :)
Johno

tomahawkcomet

Post by tomahawkcomet »

Thanks poboy! I love the wing it was super hard for me to just start drilling holes into my trunk and not knowin if i was gonna end up liking it, but its growin on me everyday, yea luckly where i live we dont have any tint restriction laws, i must admit 2% was little to much at time mostly night cant see sh!t, but since it has no a/c it helps alot
67 caliente

poboyjo65

Post by poboyjo65 »

Johno

tomahawkcomet

Post by tomahawkcomet »

Exactly, but left out the crites fiberglass bumbers front and back both to be painted black and black wheels, have the strips done to the trunk
67 caliente

poboyjo65

Post by poboyjo65 »

uh , I cant draw that good. :lol: but it all sounds good!!
Johno

comethead

Post by comethead »

That car looks good! I think the stripes will set it off.
Great work and congrats on the coming baby!

Joe
1965 Caliente HT- 289/4 speed
1964 Falcon HT- track car- 302/4 speed