Attempting to post pics

Upload pictures of your Comets and Projects to share with everyone.
pugs65

Attempting to post pics

Post by pugs65 »

I'm going to try this but can't guarantee anything. This is the car when I first got her.ImageImageImageshot of engine compartmentImagethe interior was really badImageImageImage
302 roller
4 speed
Real cars are built to be driven and driven hard!!!

popscomet

Re: Attempting to post pics

Post by popscomet »

GOOD PIC's,you for sure got work in front of you,but it'll be worth it in the end.IT's rare to find an old car now-days that hasn't had the dash cut for a different style of radio. GOOD luck with your build,,keep that teen age son busy :D :D POP
pop/glenda

pugs65

Post by pugs65 »

After a good week of detailing the engine compartment and rebuilding a 79 302 the motor was ready for its new homeImageImageImageImageImage Then a friend and I cut a coil out of the front springs to get the stance I wanted. Drove the car that way for about 2 months. Stopped driving it when a 5:42 gear with a spool, a heavy right foot and a missed shift flat spotted the cam. The car set for ten years then I acquired another motor to put in it. This time a 90 302 rollerImageImage. New motor in with the old oil pump because I was to cheap to buy a new one. Never do that again. Always buy a new one from now on. Motor had to be pulled again and have a crank kit put in. That sucks. Here is the car at a local Saturday night cruise in when I discovered the bad oil pumpImageImage. Here I am getting ready to go to a show the sheriff's office hosts to raise money for D.A.R.E. Image I took best unfinished. Here is the car as it sits today with a set of 17x7 centerline caronas on it.
302 roller
4 speed

pugs65

Post by pugs65 »

POPS, Thanks for the vote of confidence. My boy does help when he can. Football keeps him busy. Not sure what I'm goin to do for a radio. But I can tell you I'm not cutting my dash. Here it is with the centerlines at the NSRA street rod nats at Chilhowee park in May.ImageImage
302 roller
4 speed

poboyjo65

Post by poboyjo65 »

I like it! its got a mean look. are you looking for bumpers?
Johno

pugs65

Post by pugs65 »

John, I have bumpers, not sure of route I'm going to take with them. the rear on is straight but definitely needs rechromed and I have 2 fronts but I'm thinking of flipping it upside down. Don't know yet. But I will probably paint them body color instead of rechroming them. Pugs.
302 roller
4 speed

popscomet

Post by popscomet »

I like all of it ,whls are super//POP
pop/glenda

6T5 404

Post by 6T5 404 »

Pugs,
Glad to see you got the photo thing figured out. Keep the son as involved as you can. I noticed a lot of gray hair (or no hair) at the gathering. The hobby needs some younger blood to keep it alive.
JMHO
Dave

pugs65

Post by pugs65 »

Dave he doesn't even have his license yet and already wants the keys. Have to find another car to teach him how to drive a 4 speed in first. Gets his license in August. He loves hot rods and muscle cars Thank God. He isn't into the tuner cars. I suppose any other pictures I post need to go to the build forum or what did you do to your comet today. The next big job is putting A/C in her. Pugs.
302 roller
4 speed

bigdan

Post by bigdan »

Looking good so far. Not very far from you in Knoxville (just down the road in Athens) so maybe we'll run into each other at a show at some point. The Centerlines look great too - what size wheels and tires? The stance looks pretty much dead on. Good work!

Dan
Long time search complete, 65 Cyclone project in progress!

Boss/Cyclone
Site Admin
Location: South Central Michigan (Near Michigan International Speedway)

Post by Boss/Cyclone »

If not for the white door I would not even paint it. It has a "I've been around the block" look and still running strong. Great looking Comet! Also, I am sure Fred "Sassy" will say leave the front bumper off. :lol:
1965 Mercury Cyclone former drag car, 1971 Boss 351 engine, 4 speed, ladder bars, etc. Now returned to a street car.
Larry

pugs65

Post by pugs65 »

Dan, the wheels are 17x7 and the tires are 225/45 on the front and 235/55 on the rear. Looking at maybe doin a spring relocation and widening the back to 17x9.5. Boss, I have thought about leaving the front bumper off. It will stay off till I finally do paint the car. You are right, it looks like a survivor and in some respect I guess it is. I wouldn't have it any other way. :wink: :lol:
302 roller
4 speed

calientecomet

Post by calientecomet »

Looks great , wheels make the car

CALIFORNIA CALIENTE

Post by CALIFORNIA CALIENTE »

Pugs;WOW,I don't know how I missed your pictures!!!A real 65 Cyclone,very cool starting point!! I feel they look better with bumpers,even painted body color looks great!!! I helped a friend install a Vintage air,heat,cool,and defrost unit in his 65 in place of the stock heat only system,it really was not that hard,expensive,but not difficult! ROY.
Real Racecars have 3 pedals

CALIFORNIA CALIENTE

Post by CALIFORNIA CALIENTE »

calientcomet;very nice looking 64 Caliente!! Look out for Fred[sassy],he will try to talk you into lowering the car so low it drags over ants and use some weird engine/trans combo!!!! ROY.
Real Racecars have 3 pedals