My Comets......

Upload pictures of your Comets and Projects to share with everyone.
robshrum

My Comets......

Post by robshrum »

robshrum

Re: My Comets......

Post by robshrum »

All together now.............................

robshrum

Post by robshrum »

comethead

Post by comethead »

You have some super-cool Comets!!

Joe
1965 Caliente HT- 289/4 speed
1964 Falcon HT- track car- 302/4 speed

albert

Post by albert »

Like this body style, it is really unique. I noticed the dual exhausts in some pictures and single in others....................I guess you added those on after??
Albert's 65 289, polar white, black buckets, 5 speed, Autolite 4100, ps, pb, factory tach, crites hood, headers, dual exhaust

popscomet

Post by popscomet »

MAN O MAN,those are a couple of nice COMETS,on the black one are those the maverick grabber whls?,,,nice in deed,very nice..POP
pop/glenda

robshrum

Post by robshrum »

Good eye. I added headers and dual exhaust as well as a 2 barrel carb on the red car

robshrum

Post by robshrum »

Thanks POP! The wheels are factory ford wheels with the black line around them. I know they were optional on mustangs and probally the mavericks to. They were on the car when i bought it. I added the mach 1 Hood scoop

robshrum

Post by robshrum »

Thanks comethead!

popscomet

Post by popscomet »

robshrum wrote:Thanks POP! The wheels are factory ford wheels with the black line around them. I know they were optional on mustangs and probally the mavericks to. They were on the car when i bought it. I added the mach 1 Hood scoop
I use to have one of those scoops,I need to go over to my old shop and see if it's still there !! I like those old wheels ,ran them for awhile on a 67 fairlane.....thanks ....POP
pop/glenda

loman

Post by loman »

The more I see that body style the more I like them, especially the small fin. Since I'm a 65' person, what is the difference between the 2 cars/models? I notice one has 3 tail lights and the other 2.

Groover

Post by Groover »

Very nice cars. I do so like all the "fast" chrome on the sides of a 63. It goes very well with your wheels. An S-22 is on my list for my fantasy Comet collection.
1964 Comet Caliente Convertible
30,000 miles on our rebuild

All Comets start out as dreams...

robshrum

Post by robshrum »

Postby loman » Sun Feb 02, 2014 9:10 am
The more I see that body style the more I like them, especially the small fin. Since I'm a 65' person, what is the difference between the 2 cars/models? I notice one has 3 tail lights and the other 2.
d c

The black car is a standard bench seat car known as a "custom". The red car is a "s-22" which is basically a upgraded trim package. Extra taillights, bucket seats with console, nicer armrests, special hubcaps, a few s-22 emblems thru out. I wish it was a V-8 car like my black one. Its kinda weird, most people think that if they paid the extra for the trim package back in the day why would they have ordered it with a 6 cylinder. My red car was produced in January and my understanding is that a 260 V-8 could not be acquired until later in the year. My black car does have the V-8 but it was produced in July when it was an option. I also have heard that some of the early v-8 cars could have received a 221 in place of the 260 even though it was advertised and sold as a 260 since ford had some 221 engines left in their inventory. Another odd thing is that if you are lucky enough to own a factory v-8 s-22 car the original wheels would be a 5 lug 13" wheel. I have a spare in my trunk. The falcons had 14"wheels when upgrade to a v-8 5 lug car. My theory is that S-22 cars also had a unique set of hubcaps and ford did not want to remake them for a 14" wheel so they just changed the 13" wheels to 5 lug. Seems that the Ford guys were very thrifty LOL.

CALIFORNIA CALIENTE

Post by CALIFORNIA CALIENTE »

robshrum;great cars! Thank You for clearing up the confusion on the body styles!!! ROY.
Real Racecars have 3 pedals