;63 S-22 hardtop project

Upload pictures of your Comets and Projects to share with everyone.
ChrisV

;63 S-22 hardtop project

Post by ChrisV »

As I said in my intro, I bought this car 20+ years ago back in Seattle, and due to life being life, I ended up leaving it my dad's carport for 16+ years. Finally got it shipped to me here in Baltimore.

Plans are for an Aussie 4.1 liter EFI 6 and 5 speed (it has a 170 and Mazda manual trans now), red pearl over the black, trimmed down bumpers with rolled pans front and rear, 15" American racing Salt Flat wheels, disc brake conversion, and of course, the lowering. Here's a photoshop of what I want the finished product to look like:

Since the original interior is a bit trashed after sitting for that many years out in the weather (well, it was in a carport but not completely protected) I'm going to do a custom interior, sticking with the basic red that it was, but having custom inserts for the seats made, as well as upper door panels, in this material:

the Aussie 4.1 liter:

1963 Comet S-22 hardtop

CALIFORNIA CALIENTE

Re: ;63 S-22 hardtop project

Post by CALIFORNIA CALIENTE »

WOW;what a transformation!! Sassy [Fred] will like the oddball engine conversion,should run nice!!!! ROY.
Real Racecars have 3 pedals

SASSY

Post by SASSY »

CALIFORNIA CALIENTE wrote:WOW;what a transformation!! Sassy [Fred] will like the oddball engine conversion,should run nice!!!! ROY.
YEP,,,I'll be following this one! Those motors are capable of big numbers with a turbo,,,,,,,,
Your Photoshop pic of what you want it to look like is a members car RCMike,,check out some of his posts for more pics.
I was at the photoshoot when that pic was taken!
Fred
I'd rather do it myself if it's done right or not,,,isn't that what hotrodding is all about

ChrisV

Post by ChrisV »

Yeah, his car is my wallpaper! It's an inspiration, but I don't want his color, wheels, stance, or interior... ;) But that side view shot was just perfect to start from.
1963 Comet S-22 hardtop

ChrisV

Post by ChrisV »

The first photoshop was the original and based on teh fact that the car is black now, so adding red pearl would be relatively easy. But I'm not sure if I can replicate it without going to a complete candy dark cherry over metallic black. And I'm not sure I want another black or almost black car...

The second is House of Kolor Sunrise pearl with a little Sunset pearl added. Would make for a more unique car as there are a lot of black or red Comets out there. Plus it just seems a color that sets off the chrome better, and shows off the lines of the car better in more light conditions.

I like both, but I'm leaning toward the latter now. I don't want actual red, or any blue or green shades. Or straight black, white or shades of grey.

1963 Comet S-22 hardtop

SASSY

Post by SASSY »

YA the LATTER!!
ANd just about low enough!! lol
I'd rather do it myself if it's done right or not,,,isn't that what hotrodding is all about