Pop's Cobra build.

All the Ford Sisters...Falcon, Mustang, Maverick & Fairlane, etc. Try and keep your post relevant for Comet users
popscomet

Re: Pop's Cobra build.

Post by popscomet »

YOU know,MIKE….I got to thinking,,,me getting a soaking along with cobra,,,,could be your doings :shock: :lol: had you kept that rain cloud at your place in stead of letting it slip away and coming down my way,,,I"d been high and dry,,,,, :shock: :lol:
pop/glenda

lavron
Site Admin

Post by lavron »

popscomet wrote:
Tue May 26, 2020 1:07 am
YOU know,MIKE….I got to thinking,,,me getting a soaking along with cobra,,,,could be your doings :shock: :lol: had you kept that rain cloud at your place in stead of letting it slip away and coming down my way,,,I"d been high and dry,,,,, :shock: :lol:
I am not sure about that, all the rain we been getting is coming from the south :P

It came a gulley washer last night again, probably going to be repairing the driveway again sometime this week if it will dry out enough to scrape up enough gravel from the bottom of the hill and get it back up closer to the top, the problem I have is the old Ford tractor doesn't have enough traction to drag it up too far :roll:

Sounds like this week is not going to be too good of week to drive the Cobra around and not get wet if you guys are in the same weather pattern as us.

See Ya,
Mike
Mike's build thread
viewtopic.php?f=9&t=13058

popscomet

Post by popscomet »

looks like rain all week,,everyday...OH WELL !! the good lord ain't gonna put to much on us what we can't handle,,,so we might as well grin and tough it out...….besides that's what I get for having a car without a roof....you'd think at my age I'd be smarter,,,,,but wait !!...I was a lot youmger when I bought the thing :shock: :lol:
pop/glenda

frdpwr

Post by frdpwr »

Last edited by frdpwr on Tue May 26, 2020 2:51 pm, edited 2 times in total.

frdpwr

Post by frdpwr »

A few more pics
alignment time
alignment time
Alignment1.jpg (115.48 KiB) Viewed 4995 times
Alignment2.jpg
Alignment2.jpg (91.26 KiB) Viewed 4995 times
Home made turn tables - aluminum sheet and plastic with wheel brg grease in between.
Turn Plates.jpg
Turn Plates.jpg (109.73 KiB) Viewed 4995 times

frdpwr

Post by frdpwr »

lavron
Site Admin

Post by lavron »

Thanks for the pictures Dwayne.

I did a download of the driving movie, I can try and link it back up here so it doesn't have to download maybe. Or I will figure out the whole in post link for movies.

See Ya,
Mike
Mike's build thread

popscomet

Post by popscomet »

thanks MIKE,,,pop
pop/glenda

lavron
Site Admin

Post by lavron »

Mike's build thread

popscomet

Post by popscomet »

Don't know how BOB the bobcat got in with the cobra,,,but he's as cool as the cobra,,,for sure he feels unthreatened....thanks ,MIKE...bob is just trying to cope with mankind !! :) 8)
pop/glenda

lavron
Site Admin

Post by lavron »

popscomet wrote:
Wed May 27, 2020 3:01 am
Don't know how BOB the bobcat got in with the cobra,,,but he's as cool as the cobra,,,for sure he feels unthreatened
Yes, he/she was pretty cool, I haven't seen him/her in a while, was around for about a month, like a big house cat, I think it ate all the chipmunks and went looking for better eats. While you couldn't walk up and pet Bob (or Bobbi) you could get within 10-12 feet it wouldn't run off just saunter away.

We had a little spike buck like that too, he would come up to the house every day at about 7 PM one summer and hang out, eat the weeds out of the yard, I was forbidden from shooting him come fall by my wife (I never shoot bucks anyway) we ate dinner out on the porch every day we could and he just wanted to join us.

So much for that, the Cobra is cool and I hope it was ok to combine those two clips and add the titles.

See Ya,
Mike
Mike's build thread

frdpwr

Post by frdpwr »

frdpwr

Post by frdpwr »

Thanks for the help Mike!! YouTube access is blocked on my work computer but I talked to the IT guy (a fellow Hot Rodder) and he gave me access, so hopefully I can share the youtube link and it will work.

frdpwr

Post by frdpwr »

SASSY

Post by SASSY »

Too COOL!! Thanks for making the effort to share the vid and pics.
Fred
I'd rather do it myself if it's done right or not,,,isn't that what hotrodding is all about