Electric fuel pump/wiper conversion

The Round Body, Finned Comets
RZComet62

Electric fuel pump/wiper conversion

Post by RZComet62 »

Bear with me, as I'm pretty new to old cars and still learning how to fix things and install new parts. I've got a '62 with the 170 CI six and I've decided I'm going to go ahead with an electric wiper conversion and ditch the old vacuum motor (which is toast anyway). Since I've got a leaking mechanical fuel pump now, does it make sense to go ahead and switch to one of the electric fuel pumps also? Also, what's the verdict on the Autolite replacement carb? i've got the Autotilte 1100 on there now but the mechanic who gave me an assessment of the thing tells me it's missing choke parts.
any advice would be appreciated!

lavron
Site Admin

Re: Electric fuel pump/wiper conversion

Post by lavron »

RZComet62 wrote: Since I've got a leaking mechanical fuel pump now, does it make sense to go ahead and switch to one of the electric fuel pumps also?
I would keep the mechanical, any will fit from a 170 or 200.
RZComet62 wrote:what's the verdict on the Autolite replacement carb? i've got the Autotilte 1100 on there now but the mechanic who gave me an assessment of the thing tells me it's missing choke parts.
any advice would be appreciated!
Don't know much about the replacement 1100 but I have heard they are ok, I like the 1100 so much I put three in a row on my 170 :P

See Ya,
Mike
Mike's build thread
viewtopic.php?f=9&t=13058

popscomet

Re: Electric fuel pump/wiper conversion

Post by popscomet »

I agree with lavron...replace what you have,leave the electric pump on the shelf....it's a problem waiting to happen......JMO
pop/glenda