After market A/C ?

The Round Body, Finned Comets
birdman31

After market A/C ?

Post by birdman31 »

Have a 62 Comet Custom 17cid, manual transmssion. Anyone have thoughts, ideas, and recommendation of where I can purchse a complete system to install??

lavron
Site Admin

Re: After market A/C ?

Post by lavron »

Classic Auto Air makes a system that should fit the only thing I am not sure about is the controls, I am familiar with the '64 for obvious reasons, but unless I am mistaken the heater box etc are the same 60-65, I can't remember of the top of my head what the heater controls look like on a 60-63.

Vintage Air also makes a system to fit I believe, it has been a while since I looked into A/C but will be putting it in my Comet when the time comes.

See Ya,
Mike
Mike's build thread
viewtopic.php?f=9&t=13058

jmartin99

Post by jmartin99 »

I am restoring a 61 comet for my daughter and I want to put an aftermarket A/C system in it. I am putting a 200 I6 in it from a 65 mustang so I figured I could look for a system that's made for the Mustang. I like the look of the vintage underdash systems.

Jeff

lavron
Site Admin

Post by lavron »

jmartin99 wrote:
Fri May 08, 2020 12:13 pm
I am restoring a 61 comet for my daughter and I want to put an aftermarket A/C system in it. I am putting a 200 I6 in it from a 65 mustang so I figured I could look for a system that's made for the Mustang. I like the look of the vintage under dash systems.
Jeff look up JohnO thread on putting AC in a piece at a time, that is an option too if you want an under-dash unit and want to put it together yourself, even though his car is a '65 most of the work hold true on an earlier car and a 6. I think all the under dash units will pretty much interchange.

See Ya,
Mike
Mike's build thread
viewtopic.php?f=9&t=13058

rusty_apache

Post by rusty_apache »

birdman31 wrote:
Thu Jan 02, 2020 7:21 pm
Have a 62 Comet Custom 17cid, manual transmssion. Anyone have thoughts, ideas, and recommendation of where I can purchse a complete system to install??
I pulled a complete factory add on system out of a ‘65 Falcon. The brittle hoses were rebuilt and it worked perfectly for years.