Quarter window channel- need help

The Round Body, Finned Comets
darryl27529

Quarter window channel- need help

Post by darryl27529 »

Looking for the source for the window channel and clips that are used on the interior trim piece to support the rear quarter glass on a 62 Comet 2 Door. I have the trim pieces but its missing the window channel and I assume there are some type of clips that hold it in place. Anyone know a source? I could also use a couple of pics of closeups to see how they are installed. Thanks in advance. See pics below:
Quarter window channel 1.jpg
Quarter window channel 1.jpg (93.94 KiB) Viewed 1245 times
Quarter window channel 2.jpg
Quarter window channel 2.jpg (75.69 KiB) Viewed 1245 times
ImageImage

lavron
Site Admin

Re: Quarter window channel- need help

Post by lavron »

Interesting to see what you do I will be rebuilding my side windows in the near future so to see how it all fits together will be a bonus, I took it all out a long time ago seems like, I know the side windows and wing windows are going to be one of the pricier repairs for good quality replacement rubber but I want to have good sealing windows with no whistles and leaks
See Ya,
Mike
Mike's build thread
viewtopic.php?f=9&t=13058

bmmaurer

Post by bmmaurer »

Here's what I found but can't break the part number 290A61, which is a retention clip.

darryl27529

Post by darryl27529 »

Hi Mike.

I found a source for the flexible window channel on eBay. I think it was pretty easy to find. I cut it to length using a cutoff wheel. The clips however I could not find so I resorted to bonding the channel into the trim. I cleaned everything pretty well and used E6000 adhesive from Home Depot and clamped the channel into the trim I think it worked great. Its been a while since I did it but I think I used one channel to push against the other and bonded them one at a time. Lots of clamps and I let it sit overnight.
ImageImage