hey hillbilly comet man

The Round Body, Finned Comets
s2262

hey hillbilly comet man

Post by s2262 »

i have a few ? for u what motor mounts did you use on your 62 and did u change the upper and lower control arms
or will the stock ones work i have the v8 steering stuff. if there is anything else i have to change could u let me know
a guy on the IMOA forum said to just put a six back in it but it takes a lot of $ to make a six run like a v8
thanks for your time and info
travis

Hillbilly Comet Man

Re: hey hillbilly comet man

Post by Hillbilly Comet Man »

I used 69 Mustang motor mounts because I had them,the 63-65 mounts will let the engine set slightly lower.You will probably need upper and lower control arms and spindle however some of the later 62s have the correct a arms.You will need the strut rods that go with the control arms too.late 62s have the correct ones,ealy models have the smaller units.I bought a beat up 64 Comet 4 door and used it all from steering column to spindles.I bought new upper and lower control arms,They are cheap ,they are the same as a Mustang.Aluminum Radiators are quite reasonable now.I just bought a nice one for $179 ,and its not one with the crappy lookin welds.He also has the conversion radiators with the lower hose on the drivers side for $159.http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/NEW-Must ... 4a9fd6d4cf
Well,Putting the six back is the easiest,but I have already done that and it wasn't really what I wanted.I did enjoy the 27 mpg from the 144,but the 302 4speed is way cooler and faster,plus it sounds awesome.
Here is a link to a lot of my pics.http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TC_vtv3w8F4
19'62 2Dr. Sedan, Black with Red interior.
1962 Comet S-22,Champagne w/beige and white interior
Black 1993 Ford Lightning

s2262

Post by s2262 »

thanks again that 63 grill looks bad ass. my dad and brother have redone a lot of cars all fomoco stuff but we have
never done a early comet/falcon so thanks again for the help we do have 69 mustang motor mounts.
if u ever do a 66-71 fairlane-torino or 71-73 mustang and get stumped let me know
thanks travis

Hillbilly Comet Man

Post by Hillbilly Comet Man »

Good deal,Actually the grille is from a 61.
19'62 2Dr. Sedan, Black with Red interior.
1962 Comet S-22,Champagne w/beige and white interior
Black 1993 Ford Lightning

ricknmwc

Post by ricknmwc »

Yeahhh, those grilles turn a lot of heads! I used some Mothers Mag and Aluminum polish on it, and it reeeeeeaally shines!