Putting in a/c

The Round Body, Finned Comets
RallyAlex

Putting in a/c

Post by RallyAlex »

I finally pieced together all the parts for an underdash, dealer-installed a/c. Most of the parts are from a '65 Ranchero. My question is whether this is a doable project. Has anyone done this before? How hard is it for a semi-mechanically inclined shade-tree mechanic? Are there any places in the Midwest that someone can recommend to do the work? I am looking for any possible leads. Thanks!

Boss/Cyclone
Site Admin
Location: South Central Michigan (Near Michigan International Speedway)

Re: Putting in a/c

Post by Boss/Cyclone »

I never put in a dealer add on or factory system, but I did install a Vintage Air system in my 66 Mustang and it was very easy. Should be just as easy or easier for a factory system that is all self contained like the hang on a.c. that you have.
1965 Mercury Cyclone former drag car, 1971 Boss 351 engine, 4 speed, ladder bars, etc. Now returned to a street car.
Larry

RallyAlex

Re: Putting in a/c

Post by RallyAlex »

You'd think so....except I just took it to a local a/c shop and they wanted no part of it. Said it would be too hard to line up the pulleys, said I was missing the "expansion" or "poa" valve, in short, I was really ticked to hear that. I have about $700 in a/c parts and apparently cannot do anything with it! If someone wants to make some money near Chicago, I will pay cash!!!