'62 Comet Custom History

The Round Body, Finned Comets
MOPONTOP

'62 Comet Custom History

Post by MOPONTOP »

Hi, back in March of this year I was finally able to realise a life long dream a buy myself a classic American vehicle. The car in question is a '62 4 door Comet Custom. Living in England this is a pretty rare car and attracts loads of interest wherever we go!
Over the past few months I have become obsessed with this beautiful car (so my wife tells me) and want to find out everything I can about her history. The car came with very little documentation but I have been able to establish the cars history in England but have no clue about how to trace her life in the U.S. She was imported in England in June 2006 but Im not even certain which U.S state she was exported from.
Any ideas about where I could start my search?

Boss/Cyclone
Site Admin
Location: South Central Michigan (Near Michigan International Speedway)

Re: '62 Comet Custom History

Post by Boss/Cyclone »

I would start by posting all the data from the data plate on the driver side door. We can help decode it as a starting point.
1965 Mercury Cyclone former drag car, 1971 Boss 351 engine, 4 speed, ladder bars, etc. Now returned to a street car.
Larry

MOPONTOP

Re: '62 Comet Custom History

Post by MOPONTOP »

Thanks for that I will check out the information on the plate and post up the details