1963 Comet options

The Round Body, Finned Comets
Hillbilly Comet Man

1963 Comet options

Post by Hillbilly Comet Man »

I recently bought a 63 Comet Custom wagon,it is an AC car,with padded dash,Day/Nite rearview mirror and a remote side mirror mounted on the fender.Its remote is bolted to the bottom of the dash and has a chrome bezel that reads mirror. It also has the roof rack.It all looks factory.I was wondering if anyone has an options list and cost for 1963 Comets.I have seen this info either on a website or in a publication. Any help would be greatly appreciated.Thanks,Heath
19'62 2Dr. Sedan, Black with Red interior.
1962 Comet S-22,Champagne w/beige and white interior
Black 1993 Ford Lightning

Hillbilly Comet Man

I bought a 63 Comet dealers brochure that has a list of all options,I would still llike to know the cost of the options,if anyone has any literature that has this info.This weekend while replacing the drivers window glass I removed the door panel to find my original build sheet still attached to the plastic dust sheild.And believe it or not its still legible.This helped me with some info also. Later,Heath

supercomet

Post by supercomet »

Cool find. If it is possible could you scan it and post it on the site just for oooos and ahhhhs
Drew Wanzer
"I love the smell of roasting tires in the morning"

lavron
Site Admin

Post by lavron »

I can't help with the build sheet, but here is a picture of the wagon.

See Ya,
Mike
Mike's build thread
viewtopic.php?f=9&t=13058

Hillbilly Comet Man

Thanks for putting the picture up Mike.I originally bought it for parts,But after getting it home and cleaning it up a little it was to good to steal the front off of.Then I discovered that it had a lot of options,That none of my other cars have.So I plan on just hanging on to it for now.My wife expressed some interest in it(which is EXTREMELY rare),so I may fix the floors ,Put a paint job on it.The options it has are:A/C,Day /Nite rearview mirror,Remote side mirror,Padded dash,Padded sunvisors,foot operated windshield washer,2 speed wipers,Luggage rack and the convenience group.Its paint color is(whats left of it)Is Castillian Gold Metallic.It may not look like much but it is in better shape than any of my others when I got them. Later ,Heath

ricknmwc

Re: 1963 Comet options

Post by ricknmwc »

That's a cool looking wagon!