When it rains, it PORs

The Round Body, Finned Comets
1962Comet

When it rains, it PORs

Post by 1962Comet »

Hey all,

We're finally getting some warmer weather this weekend and I'm hoping to put down some FatMat on my interior floor. I spent the last two rainy weekends prepping the floor and painting the areas that had surface rust with POR-15. My first time using the POR products and I'm pretty happy with the outcome. I bought the 6-pack of smaller cans and it worked our great as I was able to use one complete can, each time. With a little extra to do my battery tray at the same time.

I also got my radio installed. My Comet was a radio delete so I picked one up on eBay and I was lucky the chrome cleaned up so nice. If you want to see how I whitened up the buttons, head over to my web site for the details.
Dan
1962 Comet - 2-Door, 170 cu.in. with 6,950 Original Miles.
https://www.dplivingston.com/picking-up ... -62-comet/ <-- follow my 1962 Comet Restoration.

popscomet

Re: When it rains, it PORs

Post by popscomet »

DAVE,that is such a nice comet and when you get thru adding your TLC,it's going to be nicer,,your doing pretty work and it's showing every lick,so just keep on licking :roll: pop :shock: :!:
pop/glenda

1962Comet

Post by 1962Comet »

Pops, Thanks!

It's been a great project so far. Just need some nicer weather to help me get more done. As I finished the radio install, the sun was setting. The light shown into my garage and through the rear window of my car. It seemed to be highlighting my latest accomplishment.

Dan
Last edited by 1962Comet on Thu May 03, 2012 11:42 pm, edited 2 times in total.
1962 Comet - 2-Door, 170 cu.in. with 6,950 Original Miles.
https://www.dplivingston.com/picking-up ... -62-comet/ <-- follow my 1962 Comet Restoration.

popscomet

Post by popscomet »

That was a sign that some one was pleased with what your doing :!: and we both know who it is :!: take care :!: :D pop :D
pop/glenda