New Floor Pans

The Round Body, Finned Comets
komet kustom

New Floor Pans

Post by komet kustom »

Just finished welding a completely new floor pan, front to rear using 16gauge galvanized steel and a Lincoln 110v gas MIG welder. It was a blast! Tons of fun. I'm not lying. But it was hard. The car had solid rockers, just suffered from water standing in the interior. I will get the pics sorted out and try to post them.

Duane
Some people are only alive because it is illegal to shoot them

cometcountry1974

Post by cometcountry1974 »

Way to go!! I did the same with a 62 that I had about 10 years ago. Watch out for that galavinized welding though....it kills brain cells quiclky!! :shock: I got lucky on my 63, I purchased it from CA and there is not a bit of rust on it, or under it!
Larry
Elsberry, MO

lavron
Site Admin

Post by lavron »

I've got to replace a couple of spots on my car, I've got patch panels already (or on the way) but I need a right front torque box that I'm going to have to find or fabricate.

See Ya,
Mike
Mike's build thread
viewtopic.php?f=9&t=13058

komet kustom

Post by komet kustom »

I made my own torque boxes. That was probably the easiest of the floor replacement!
Some people are only alive because it is illegal to shoot them

COMET KID

Re: New Floor Pans

Post by COMET KID »

I bought some off of EBAY.. and they send me 2 sets... complete sets for the whole floor.. I have a 63 comet convertible.. so they have to be adapted for the rear floor... I have to do some work on the torque boxes as well... as I am going to get a 302 ( 320 hp ) from EBAY.. Complete drop in.. carb to water pump etc.. $3000.00 good deaL.. LOOKS GREAT