1962 Comet Resto-mod

The Round Body, Finned Comets
Dakota

1962 Comet Resto-mod

Post by Dakota »

Hello, im new to this board and I created my account because I recently came into possesion of a 1962 Mercury Comet. This Comet looks as if it will be receiving a second chance at life considering it was in a salvage yard with a tree growing through the door. I will try to post pictures tomorrow of it leaving the yard. Plans are big and we have lots of time. This will NOT be a restore to factory specs and there will be alot of chopping. There is no fuel tank and nothing in the trunk,all the interior is stripped and the only think that remains is the dash and steering wheel. We will be starting from scratch. Can't wait to tackle this project!!

popscomet

Re: 1962 Comet Resto-mod

Post by popscomet »

welcome ,,be careful and don't burn yourself out on work,at times the best thing to do is WALK away,good luck !!pop
pop/glenda

B_Hix

Re: 1962 Comet Resto-mod

Post by B_Hix »

^^ thats a project and I admire the fact that you look at that and see beauty that just needs to be brought back out. Thats one of the coolest aspects of this hobby - we see things others may not and we take it on ourselves to save a old vehicle and return it to service, often better than it was to begin with.

Look forward to following your project - do keep us informed!
67 Comet
No power steering, 4-wheel drum brakes, 5 gears 'n' 400 + horsepower...
...hell yea it's fun