64 Comet underdash fuses?

The Era of The Square Body Racing Comets
barbee6043

64 Comet underdash fuses?

Post by barbee6043 »

I have the factory service manual but I can't find the info. Anyeone know what amp fuses???? Thanks!!

Joe Travers

Re: 64 Comet underdash fuses?

Post by Joe Travers »

For what circuit? They are different.

Joe

1963 1/2 Custom Hardtop
342 stroker, solid roller, T-10, 3.55 posi

barbee6043

Post by barbee6043 »

I am talking about the breaker box at the headlight switch and the inline fuse that is the main wire that fees the splice and goes thru amp gauge. I finally did find the page and looks like 14, 15, 2.5 I admit this is my first Ford/Merc after 40 years with Mopar. I HATE electricals!!!!!!!!!!!! Any other wiring pointers, feel free to unload!!!!

FuzzyDriver

Post by FuzzyDriver »

What are you trying to figure out? What problem are you trying to correct?

BTW, current gets to the fuses through the ammeter, it's not going to the ammeter via the fuses. The headlights have an automatic 'breaker', the rest of the loads are supplied via fuses. The headlights have an automatic breaker in an effort to try to keep headlights lit, it being so dangerous to lose your headlights while traveling at speed at night. So even if it 'trips' (and your headlights go out), they'll come back on in a few seconds. If they had a fuse, they would not come back on after a trip.

The 14 amp fuse you found on the light switch fuse panel supplies power to the blower, backup lights, and turn signals (but not brake light power).
OK...so she might need a little work.Image