New Convertible Top for 65 - Experience/Recommendations?

The Era of The Square Body Racing Comets
kevinshi

New Convertible Top for 65 - Experience/Recommendations?

Post by kevinshi »

I apologize in advance as I suspect there is already a thread about this in the forums however my searching skills have failed to find... feel free to direct me elsewhere.

I am replacing the soft top on my 65. There are several suppliers out there. I would love to hear feedback from folks on their experience with any of them. Specifically, regarding fit (as the primary reason I am replacing mine is poor a fit issue).

Here is a list of 65 Comet manufacturers I am aware of, please let me if you know of others and/or if you have experience with any of these.

Robbins Auto Tops LLC
EZ On Auto Tops
Kee Auto Top
Electron Top

Any comments, experience, advice and/or thoughts VERY welcome and appreciated. (Feel free to DM me if you prefer to keep it confidential.)

Thanks,
kevin
Thanks,
kevin
1965 Caliente Convertible
5H25A525287 (76DM6204L5416)

Groover

Re: New Convertible Top for 65 - Experience/Recommendations?

Post by Groover »

All right, I realize this is an old thread, but nobody answered. And my search of the forum just now didn't show any other threads where people talked about their success with new tops, etc.

So this is the summer of the new top on our Caliente Convertible and I'd like to hear from folks (good or bad) and what brand of top they purchased and how well the finished result ended up. Ease of fit, looks good, etc.

And I suppose it doesn't have to be limited to Comets as these brands are probably consistently good or bad with all cars.

Whatcha got?
1964 Comet Caliente Convertible
30,000 miles on our rebuild

All Comets start out as dreams...