Engine Gauge Feed Wire Harness

The Era of The Square Body Racing Comets
MattDoscher

Engine Gauge Feed Wire Harness

Post by MattDoscher »

Hello Folks,

I am looking for the proverbial needle in a haystack! There's nothing wrong with the engine gauge feed harness in my '65 Caliente convertible, 200/6, alternator, 2-speed heater other than old age and me wanting to replace it with a new harness or get my current one refurbished. C5GY-14289-A is the p/n for my particular harness and it is not reproduced compared to the more common V8 ones, nor will one work from a 200/6 Falcon as far as I know. The plug for this harness seems to be unique to the Comet 6 as it has 4 male pins across the top, 1 male pin, a blank spot, and 2 female pins across the bottom. Has anyone heard of or used Narragansett Reproductions? How about Midlife Harness? Dennis-Carpenter has a company they use for wire harnesses but I don't know who they are and have never used them. I would ultimately like to find a NOS harness and replace it that way otherwise I am open to sending my harness off and having it refurbished. Any other 6 owners out there go through this?

Attached is a pic of the harness plug that connects at the firewall.

thanks,
Matt
Attachments
thumbnail_IMG_0284.jpg
thumbnail_IMG_0284.jpg (245.31 KiB) Viewed 1137 times
1965 Comet Caliente Convertible
5H25T582252

comethead

Re: Engine Gauge Feed Wire Harness

Post by comethead »

I’ve communicated with Midlife about Comet harnesses and I wouldn’t hesitate to send him my harness for refurb. He’s been a long time member at the Vintage Mustang Forum and you can check there for reviews on his work.

Joe
1965 Caliente HT- 289/4 speed
1964 Falcon HT- track car- 302/4 speed

MattDoscher

Re: Engine Gauge Feed Wire Harness

Post by MattDoscher »

Thanks Joe. I emailed Randy at Midlife some last week and he seems like a respectable guy. I will probably use him in the near future.

Matt
1965 Comet Caliente Convertible
5H25T582252