Post by geralde »

Where do these go, been too long.
Attachments
BBA2D1D1-605B-479F-AE0C-A355223EB303.jpeg
BBA2D1D1-605B-479F-AE0C-A355223EB303.jpeg (160.14 KiB) Viewed 2048 times

tomb22

Re: Can’t remember where these go.

Post by tomb22 »

Before you put the bottom of the back seat in, these clips screw into the metal that comes up from the floor at the top next to the side panels. They kind of hold the side panels in place and give it a clean look.
Hope this helps
tom
tomb's 65

geralde

Post by geralde »

That does help for sure. This car has been apart for a while now. I may have to get a picture if I can't figure it out. Thanks again.

Jims65cyclone

Post by Jims65cyclone »

Glad you knew that, Tom. They looked like the mounting brackets for a set of Venetian blinds to me. :roll: :lol:

Jim

tomb22

Post by tomb22 »

The only reason I remembered is I didn't know what they were for either when I saw them laying in a box :roll: So I scratched my head for a couple of days :lol:
tom
tomb's 65

Groover

Post by Groover »

I just love that on the Comet forum somebody can post a random picture of some obscure part and within an hour somebody has explained exactly what it's for. Blows my mind. Good on ya!
1964 Comet Caliente Convertible
30,000 miles on our rebuild

All Comets start out as dreams...

vicegrip

Post by vicegrip »

When there's no way you can forger,you do forget. Put stuff in bags and mark the contents....it better be a full description or you can't figure out what you meant to write or as in my case,can't read my own writing.

lavron
Site Admin

Post by lavron »

vicegrip wrote:When there's no way you can forger,you do forget. Put stuff in bags and mark the contents....it better be a full description or you can't figure out what you meant to write or as in my case,can't read my own writing.
Or you label everything as you take it off, then mock up the car and throw everything back in one bag when you take it off and can't remember what they are later :roll: Or the writing gets rubbed off because they jostle around in one big drawer you keep digging through for bolts etc. That is what mostly has happened to my bolts that I can't figure what they are for.

See Ya,
Mike
Mike's build thread
viewtopic.php?f=9&t=13058