stereo

The Era of The Square Body Racing Comets
postie

stereo

Post by postie »

I want to leave the stock radio in place on my '64. Has anyone added an up to date sound system say in the glove box or trunk and if so how did it work out?

thrnelson

Re: stereo

Post by thrnelson »

That is my plan for early summer. I made cardboard patterns and plan to incorporate usb ports and an aux port. I also patterned some new kick plates that can hold a mid and a tweeter. I will post when I complete it.

A/FX
Comet Central Member

Post by A/FX »

This is the only thing I will need for “music” in my Cyclone:
‘64 Cyclone/ Boss 302,quads,4spd, Winters 9”

tomb22

Post by tomb22 »

I sent the old radio to a guy who installed all new guts. It now has am/fm, usb, blue tooth and voice control. I put my favorite songs on a usb memory stick and let it rip. Works great but a little spendy. It looks like the original radio.
tom
tomb's 65

SASSY

Post by SASSY »

Hey Mark was on another site going through some pics and seen one of you(I think) driving your vert on the site of thd 2019 Saanich
Swap meet,, you? Sure is a pretty one.
Fred
ImageIMG_3668 by NVR_DUN, on Flickr
I'd rather do it myself if it's done right or not,,,isn't that what hotrodding is all about

postie

Post by postie »

Yes Sassy that was me at the swap meet. Didn't buy anything but nice day for a drive with the top down.

postie

Post by postie »

Thanks Tomb22 for info on another alternative but like you said a bit pricey. I am still thinking of putting something in the glove box.

popscomet

Post by popscomet »

POP has had his comet for all these yrs with out a music box,,,been on 2 power tours...wife went on 1,,complained all the way about no music...didn't bother me a single little bit...kept saying to her ...listen to this 289 hummin...to me I can sing as good as good as anyone..... :shock: pop
pop/glenda

postie

Post by postie »

I remember being with my son years ago at a car show and he commented that so many of the cars only had an AM radio. I said to him the real music starts once you turn the key. Yes there is no sound like a V-8 cruising down the road but it would still be nice to have some tunes now and again.

SASSY

Post by SASSY »

Ya a little ACDC "THUNDER" or NICKLEBACK " BURN IT TO THE GROUND" at about 95% is necessary in my world too!
But a little is all my ears will put up with anymore,,,
Fred
I'd rather do it myself if it's done right or not,,,isn't that what hotrodding is all about