Under-Dash Courtesy Light

The Era of The Square Body Racing Comets
MattDoscher

Under-Dash Courtesy Light

Post by MattDoscher »

I wanted to recognize Randy at Midlife Harness Restoration for his quality workmanship and super customer service. My ‘65 Caliente convertible had an existing under-dash courtesy light on the driver’s side but not on the passenger side. I reached out to Randy via email with my problem. Randy was super helpful in guiding me to the location where the passenger side light receives power and built me a light using original parts and supplies. I was very pleased throughout the whole process, from paying for the product to receiving my new light! Sharing a few pics of my under-dash area and how the new passenger side light now complements the driver’s light. Thanks Randy for continuing to support our hobby!

Matt
Attachments
IMG_0304 (3).JPG
IMG_0304 (3).JPG (212.48 KiB) Viewed 1210 times
1965 Comet Caliente Convertible
5H25T582252

popscomet

Re: Under-Dash Courtesy Light

Post by popscomet »

POP's 64 comet came from the factory with those 2 lights under the dash......and they are still there !! POP
pop/glenda

barrys65cyclone

Post by barrys65cyclone »

I have them in my 1965 Cyclone I think it adds a nice touch when door open at night I have a complete set including 2 under dash lights, ash tray lamp, glove box lamp, & truck lamp if anyone interested .

MattDoscher

Post by MattDoscher »

I needed this light to complement the driver’s side that I already had. The black/blue 3-terminal female connector was present near the fuse panel but for whatever reason there was no light! I have a 2-wire yellow/green female connector near the black/blue 3-terminal connector that I believe powers the glovebox light, but I don’t have a light in my glovebox. Does anyone know what a correct-style glovebox light looks like and where it mounts exactly? I was looking through a period accessories brochure and it stated that all convertibles came with a map light. Anyone know what the map light looks like?

Matt
1965 Comet Caliente Convertible
5H25T582252