Odd '64 Caliente?

The Era of The Square Body Racing Comets
Daniel Black

Odd '64 Caliente?

Post by Daniel Black »

Is it unusual to find a '64 Caliente 2-door hardtop with bucket seats and a console but with a 3-speed on the column? All the 3-speed cars I've seen are bench seat. Also is the combo of a black car with red and white interior rare?

lavron
Site Admin

Re: Odd '64 Caliente?

Post by lavron »

Daniel Black wrote:
Thu Aug 13, 2020 12:23 pm
Is it unusual to find a '64 Caliente 2-door hardtop with bucket seats and a console but with a 3-speed on the column?
No, not really, in '64 you could get what you wanted, if you wanted bucket seats and three-speed on the column you could have it. I guess the most unusual thing is it is not an automatic.

The tag on the door should give you all the particulars on the car as it was built.

See Ya,
Mike
Mike's build thread
viewtopic.php?f=9&t=13058

popscomet

Post by popscomet »

back in the 70's I traded for my 1st comet,,,64 cyclone 289 4bbl,chrome valve covers,,buckets consol,,,but it had the AT on the column shifter...neat car white with red int....always thought factory dropped the ball by not having floor mounted shifter......pop
pop/glenda

Groover

Post by Groover »

doesn't seem rare, but it does seem like something you should post some photos of ;)
1964 Comet Caliente Convertible
30,000 miles on our rebuild

All Comets start out as dreams...

Daniel Black

Post by Daniel Black »

The car presents just as the door tag describes, just seems like an unusual combination. My Dad's had a green/blue colored '64 Caliente since 1990 but it has green and white interior, 3-speed on the column and a bench seat. The only bucket seat cars I've seen in real life were autos and two 4-speed cyclones.