Re: Dan's 65 Cyclone project !

Post by Caveman49 »

Looking real good, nice setup.
Motor Safe,
Lee

StPro

Post by StPro »

I heard using Dry Ice on the inside freezes the under coating. it gets brittle and can be scraped off very easy
Only use the brakes to stop and get gas.
Projects
65 Comet 421Stroker
93 Mark VIII Supercharged w/Fogger
70 Torino GT

Joe Travers

Post by Joe Travers »

bigdan wrote:
Fri Apr 12, 2024 5:19 pm
No, my car was an automatic. I've used a TKX previously; I'm hoping the forward shifter location will clear the tunnel support. Floor first, of course. Here's the last I installed; the square plate with the sticker is for the forward shifter location. Thanks for looking-

Dan

I'm pretty sure one TKX shifter location should be same as T-5. There are plenty of those conversions floating around.
Was revisiting this in my head, looking for stout overdrive that fits factory location and remembered that's a bust. :(

Thanks

Joe

1963 1/2 Custom Hardtop
342 stroker, solid roller, T-10, 3.55 posi

bigdan

Post by bigdan »

Joe Travers wrote:
Sat Apr 13, 2024 10:31 am
bigdan wrote:
Fri Apr 12, 2024 5:19 pm
No, my car was an automatic. I've used a TKX previously; I'm hoping the forward shifter location will clear the tunnel support. Floor first, of course. Here's the last I installed; the square plate with the sticker is for the forward shifter location. Thanks for looking-

Dan

I'm pretty sure one TKX shifter location should be same as T-5. There are plenty of those conversions floating around.
Was revisiting this in my head, looking for stout overdrive that fits factory location and remembered that's a bust. :(

Thanks

Joe
Would have to be a toploader for the stock location. The TKX is rated to 600 ft/lbs and I'm thinking the forward shifter location would clear the crossmember. They're super smooth - I love the unit in my 53 pickup - shifts at 6500 every now and then 🫣

More later -

Dan
Long time search complete, 65 Cyclone project in progress!

bigdan

Post by bigdan »

Still making progress. Body is stripped for now and braced off. It's amazing how light these cars are once stripped down; heck i can pick up either end off the sawhorses myself! Pulled dimensions and then got distracted stripping a little paint from the drivers trunk drop; not too bad, just a little rust and mud to remove. Whittling away at floor removal now; more later!

Dan

Long time search complete, 65 Cyclone project in progress!