poboyjos ride

The Era of The Square Body Racing Comets
Sugarmaker

Re: poboyjos ride

Post by Sugarmaker »

John,
That looks very good! Still learning about Comets, and that looks like a big project to me!
Guess I need to go back in your thread and get up to speed on your build.
Last edited by Sugarmaker on Wed Apr 24, 2024 8:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Regards,
Chris and Cheryl

poboyjo65

Post by poboyjo65 »

Sugarmaker wrote:
Wed Apr 24, 2024 7:56 pm
Jo,
That looks very good! Still learning about Comets, and that looks like a big project to me!
Guess I need to go back in your thread and get up to speed on your build.
Thanks yea I need to get back up to speed on it too, & get it back on the road.
Johno

poboyjo65

Post by poboyjo65 »

Caveman49 wrote:
Wed Apr 24, 2024 5:25 pm
That cowl ain’t going nowhere, and should be water tight. Looks good Johno.
Thanks Lee! yea wanted to seal it up . should last longer than the first one did without the slots.
Johno

Jims65cyclone

Post by Jims65cyclone »

You stalked that project for a long time, but when you pounced you went for the kill. :lol: Looks good. 8) I know you're itchin' to get it back on the road. It's been a while.

Jim

poboyjo65

Post by poboyjo65 »

Jims65cyclone wrote:
Wed Apr 24, 2024 10:36 pm
You stalked that project for a long time, but when you pounced you went for the kill. :lol: Looks good. 8) I know you're itchin' to get it back on the road. It's been a while.

Jim
Thanks ,I would call it dodging this project. This new painter guy actually painted the cowl ''when'' he said he would :shock: . I just wasn't expecting that. :shock: so it's been ready since oct.. I wanted to get all this funky under dash labor done first but it got down to me needing to know where the wiper shafts & linkages would be to run some wiring so now I gotta start being gentle with that area again. the wiring is the part that I find too easy to walk away from. then by the time my back quits hurting from that last session of underdash work I forget & have to re learn the wiring at hand & where I was ,what I was in the middle of doing to it. :roll:
Johno

Lou's Comet

Post by Lou's Comet »

poboyjo65 wrote:
Wed Apr 24, 2024 11:12 pm

Thanks ,I would call it dodging this project. This new painter guy actually painted the cowl ''when'' he said he would :shock: . I just wasn't expecting that. :shock: so it's been ready since oct.. I wanted to get all this funky under dash labor done first but it got down to me needing to know where the wiper shafts & linkages would be to run some wiring so now I gotta start being gentle with that area again. the wiring is the part that I find too easy to walk away from. then by the time my back quits hurting from that last session of underdash work I forget & have to re learn the wiring at hand & where I was ,what I was in the middle of doing to it. :roll:
Looks good John, water tight!! Now that you don't have the cowl vents/slots are you going to remove the vent assembly under the drivers side of the dash?? Would clear up some room under dash.

As far as the wiring take notes, make list, write down what you are doing. Maybe draw small diagram. This way if you walk away from it for awhile it doesn't take a better part of a day to figure out where you left off. I do it all the time.

Nice Job on the cowl!

Lou

Joe Travers

Post by Joe Travers »

Dude, you have the patience of Job to tackle all of those welds.
Great job!! :D

Like Lou, I was wondering how you are going to handle temp controls, esp. the defroster?
I was thinking about the NASCAR cowl induction but remembered you had the air intake tackled already :roll:

Joe

1963 1/2 Custom Hardtop
342 stroker, solid roller, T-10, 3.55 posi

poboyjo65

Post by poboyjo65 »

Joe Travers wrote:
Thu Apr 25, 2024 4:12 pm
Dude, you have the patience of Job to tackle all of those welds.
Great job!! :D

Like Lou, I was wondering how you are going to handle temp controls, esp. the defroster?
I was thinking about the NASCAR cowl induction but remembered you had the air intake tackled already :roll:

Joe
What welds? :? we no need no stinking welds. :lol: I've just been screwing & gluing & loving every minute of it! 8)
Yea Lou took the underdash stovepipe off & sealed off the cab from cowl . & yes it cleared up a lot of space & made wiring the 80's truck wiper delay module & wiring lots easier & I used one of the studs from the vent to mount the module to.
Joe It's going to be a recirculating heater & defroster now . If you go back about 3 pages you can see more pics . here's one of the filter I added to the intake of the heater. it will have a tad over an inch space between filter & bottom of cowl that has been sealed off.

Lou I had diagrams ,it still gets confusing if you stay away from it for months or years. one day I went out there all pumped up to mount the wiper motor & finish the wiring, got out there ,couldn't find the motor,so before going in the house to look for it I decided to slither under there for a gander & was shocked to see I had already put the motor on & some of the wiring! :? :) but had to lay there & stare for a good while,stunned ,I was so taken off my game plan for the night I just went back in the house to look at diagrams ,refresh ,& reboot brain.but it was a pleasant surprise for a change.
Johno

Joe Travers

Post by Joe Travers »

poboyjo65 wrote:
Thu Apr 25, 2024 6:05 pm
What welds? :?
The ones you cut 2 years ago :P :mrgreen:
Not jibing ya one bit. Have parts for a repair going on 3 years :oops:

Joe

1963 1/2 Custom Hardtop
342 stroker, solid roller, T-10, 3.55 posi

poboyjo65

Post by poboyjo65 »

Joe Travers wrote:
Fri Apr 26, 2024 9:58 am
poboyjo65 wrote:
Thu Apr 25, 2024 6:05 pm
What welds? :?
The ones you cut 2 years ago :P :mrgreen:

Joe
Oh those! :lol: well those have escaped my memory, at least the memory of the pain is gone.but it was a lot of drilling. but I always was better & faster at tearing something down than putting it back to gether. :)
Johno