Hangin at the mall sept 9/20

Off Topic Posts Welcome. Personal Attacks, Profanity or Obcenity will not be Tolerated.
SASSY

Hangin at the mall sept 9/20

Post by SASSY »

I'd rather do it myself if it's done right or not,,,isn't that what hotrodding is all about

popscomet

Re: Hangin at the mall sept 9/20

Post by popscomet »

POP has a little bronco half cab 1977.....the fords impress me....am proud for the owners, but the rest are just cars..JMO
pop/glenda

SASSY

Post by SASSY »

Yes there were some pretty nice Fords there.
The Torino is sporting a 514 backed by a Lenco, the 65-6 Mustang is an unrestored 271 hp k code! Bobs Coyote powered Galaxie and the 71-2 Mach 1 is very clean with an almost completely stock interior. I got there a little late so missed out on the central parking but I was there more to see everything else,, I know what mine looks like,,
Fred
I'd rather do it myself if it's done right or not,,,isn't that what hotrodding is all about

poboyjo65

Post by poboyjo65 »

Thanks for sharing Fred! :D
Johno

popscomet

Post by popscomet »

Came back for another look at those fords and low and behold I had overlooked the studebaker,,if those were still in production,that's what I'd have,,,,have always liked studebakers....owned 2 in my life..great cars..........pop
pop/glenda

Jims65cyclone

Post by Jims65cyclone »

When I was a kid my dad had a Studebaker. When it was cold, it wouldn't start for love nor money. That's when he'd call it a Stupidbaker. :lol:

Jim

tweaked

Post by tweaked »

A bunch of cool rides, thanks Fred.
Roger
65 comet 7.61@96mph 1/8
Made in Canada, Built for speed.
Tweaked65 on instagram

https://youtu.be/JCVwEitXSi4

popscomet

Post by popscomet »

Jims65cyclone wrote:
Thu Sep 10, 2020 11:17 pm
When I was a kid my dad had a Studebaker. When it was cold, it wouldn't start for love nor money. That's when he'd call it a Stupidbaker. :lol:

Jim
W hen ol pop was about 15 yrso,I had a 52 studebaker 2 dr champion 3 spd with a 6volt system,,,my dad had a 55 ford 2dr fairlane also 3spd with the 6 volt ,never got to cold for the studebaker not to start...but that ford failed to start more times then I could count,,my dad would get me up way before day light to give his old ford a shove down the drive way,,,I would pat the gas a lick or 2 and that 6cyl flat head studey would barely turn over,,and just about time you started to wonder is it gonna start ? that rascal would bust off ready to go..on those very cold nights when I came home ,I would always park behind that ford with my frt bumper against the rear bumper on that 55 ford,,,,,just in case
pop/glenda

comethead

Post by comethead »

Cool cars
I don’t see a certain red 1964 Mercury Comet :wink:
1965 Caliente HT- 289/4 speed
1964 Falcon HT- track car- 302/4 speed

SASSY

Post by SASSY »

comethead wrote:
Fri Sep 11, 2020 2:49 am
Cool cars
I don’t see a certain red 1964 Mercury Comet :wink:
Look closer,, :)
Fred

SASSY

Post by SASSY »

Pops, that push the car story reminds me of a 54? Plymouth flat 6 I had as a kid, had to park it three blocks from home at the top of a hill if you could even smell a chill in the air,, that car was a piece of stuff,, :mrgreen:
Fred

popscomet

Post by popscomet »

ANOTHER ,cool thing !!... there was 2 dimmer switches on the floor...1 was for the head lights located in the normal location,but the other was closer to the clutch pedal ,,there was a metal tab at the top of padal,,as you pushed the pedal to the floor that tab would hit that other dimmer and start the starter,,that was studebakers way of a nuetral safety switch in 1952..the key was just off and on,,no dash mounted starter switch,,,you had to push clutch pedal to start it...to me studebaker was way ahead of the other car makers...and that's why they were phased out....on my 56 studey hawk there were several ahead of them selves things....but those can be mentioed in a later post....thanks pop
pop/glenda

SASSY

Hangin at the Home Hardware this week

Post by SASSY »

Some different guys this week.
The 57 Olds is a good friends car, maiden voyage after piecing together a car that had been disassembled for over 20 years through several different owners.
Cougar is very nice. What are the odds,, 2 64 vettes the same in a town of about 5000?
Fred