‘64 Falcon Track Project

All the Ford Sisters...Falcon, Mustang, Maverick & Fairlane, etc. Try and keep your post relevant for Comet users
comethead

Re: 64 Falcon Track Car

Post by comethead »

popscomet wrote:
Tue Apr 20, 2021 4:02 pm
I sure like all of it,,,1st time the public saw OL RUSTY on a trailer at a cruise,,,men and women all said don't paint it...even teenagers and even at the drag strip most said shoot a coat of clear and leave it alone,,,except one man said it needed a nice coat of paint,,,,JOE,you did good on the falcon,,,that boy is looking good and growing like a weed,,how about the baby girl,,,she ought to be right behind him,,,,JOE,be careful with that FALCON ,,you just have a 8in rear gear...you know what most say about it... :roll: :roll: :lol:
Thanks Pop!!
That little 8” should have exploded already! :lol:
I have no worries at all about that rear end. None. The yellow Falcon in the pics is also running an 8” and he’s much faster than me. He’s had that rear in there for years with lots of balls to the wall track time.

My little girl is in the pic above. She’s behind the Falcon in her moms car with her arms extended. She loves the Falcon too but doesn’t get as excited as my boy. She’s about as tall as him too.

I like the look of your rusty 64. Hell why not? I’ll keep it like this until I get sick of it. Haha.

Joe
1965 Caliente HT- 289/4 speed
1964 Falcon HT- track car- 302/4 speed

Joe Travers

Post by Joe Travers »

Man, that's a cool Falcon, Joe 8)
Forget about painting it and save for speed parts. I call it a great day if nothing breaks. Great job :wink:

JT

1963 1/2 Custom Hardtop
342 stroker, solid roller, T-10, 3.55 posi

Jims65cyclone

Post by Jims65cyclone »

That is COOL, Joe! Yep, it won't be long before that son is worming his way in behind the wheel, like the proverbial camel getting his nose under the tent. :lol: :lol:

Jim

comethead

Post by comethead »

Joe Travers wrote:
Tue Apr 20, 2021 4:58 pm
Man, that's a cool Falcon, Joe 8)
Forget about painting it and save for speed parts. I call it a great day if nothing breaks. Great job :wink:

JT
Thanks Joe! She ain’t broke yet...I’m gonna crank up the rev limiter and give it another go in May

Joe

comethead

Post by comethead »

Jims65cyclone wrote:
Tue Apr 20, 2021 8:30 pm
That is COOL, Joe! Yep, it won't be long before that son is worming his way in behind the wheel, like the proverbial camel getting his nose under the tent. :lol: :lol:

Jim
Thanks Jim!
Next outing I’m taking him on the track for an exhibition run. Let’s see what he thinks haha

Joe

comethead

Post by comethead »

poboyjo65 wrote:
Tue Apr 20, 2021 7:41 am
I just love the patina on the old SkyDog ! I'm borrowing that nick from Duane Allman cause it keeps popping in my head when I see this car. Dang that boys legs are growing like weeds in a ditch! Next thing you know,,,''Dad can I take the comet ??? I got a hot date!!'' :lol: :wink: :D
Thanks John! I think she’s gonna stay patina for a long while. Seems to be a favorite at the track...or they’re just feeling sorry for me :lol:
My boy already wants to pull the Comet out of the garage for me I guess it’s time to teach him to drive a manual trans car :shock:

Joe

popscomet

Post by popscomet »

YES-SIR,,,time to learn that clutch.....me personaly think if you can't operate a clutch then you don't pass the driver test! imo.......pop
pop/glenda

Joe Travers

Post by Joe Travers »

popscomet wrote:
Wed Apr 21, 2021 1:14 pm
YES-SIR,,,time to learn that clutch.....me personaly think if you can't operate a clutch then you don't pass the driver test! imo.......pop
Clutching and hand signals, Pop. They don't teach correctly these days. All they know is the bird :shock: :lol:
comethead wrote:
Wed Apr 21, 2021 5:04 am
She ain’t broke yet...I’m gonna crank up the rev limiter and give it another go in May
Nah, don't crank it up, inch it up. And check valve lash again :wink:

1963 1/2 Custom Hardtop
342 stroker, solid roller, T-10, 3.55 posi

popscomet

Post by popscomet »

the other day me and a buddy went to town in my 66f100,,we got out and I left the keys in it,,,he ask why ?? I said heck fire,,dang thieves today can't drive a stick shift,,,,they won't even be able to back out of the parking space and take off before I can get to 'em.....that's a lost art working a clutch..today !!...............pop
pop/glenda

loman

Post by loman »

Joe,
That is great that your getting to enjoy your car. It looks way cool and I bet it is a lot of fun and an awesome ride. Would love to try what you are doing some day.

comethead

Post by comethead »

loman wrote:
Tue Apr 27, 2021 11:06 pm
Joe,
That is great that your getting to enjoy your car. It looks way cool and I bet it is a lot of fun and an awesome ride. Would love to try what you are doing some day.
Thanks! It was a fun build project and even more fun on the track. Its my first track car project so I’m learning all the time.
You should do it man! :D

Joe

SASSY

Post by SASSY »

Cuttin the light or nailin the apex
Both have their own thrill!!
But the rumble of 20 plus cars all lookin for that tiny advantage coming to the green flag, your door being rubbed
The "love" tap from the competitor behind you sending you a notice and at the same time you are sending notices of the same type then as you come through 3 and looking out of 4 looking for the wave of the green flag, ya short track saturday night racing, that's where my heart is! Just thinking back to those moments what an incredible time I had!
Fred
I'd rather do it myself if it's done right or not,,,isn't that what hotrodding is all about

lavron
Site Admin

Post by lavron »

popscomet wrote:
Wed Apr 21, 2021 4:36 pm
the other day me and a buddy went to town in my 66f100,,we got out and I left the keys in it,,,he ask why ?? I said heck fire,,dang thieves today can't drive a stick shift,,,,they won't even be able to back out of the parking space and take off before I can get to 'em.....that's a lost art working a clutch..today !!...............pop
stick the shifter on the column and really confuse tthem :lol:

SeeYa,
Mike
Mike's build thread
viewtopic.php?f=9&t=13058

popscomet

Post by popscomet »

lavron wrote:
Wed May 05, 2021 9:22 am
popscomet wrote:

SeeYa,
Mike
and that is what it is,,3 spd column shift,,,,pop
pop/glenda

comethead

Post by comethead »

lavron wrote:
Wed May 05, 2021 9:22 am
popscomet wrote:

SeeYa,
Mike
Hell a manual shifter on the column would confuse ME!! :oops: