inline 200

144-250 cid Inline Six Performance
captian_napalm

inline 200

Post by captian_napalm »

I have a 65 inline 200, and the previous owner said it is burning oil.......ok needs rings right????? no.. it needs cylinder sleeves.....what the heck are these?

Lou's Comet

Re: inline 200

Post by Lou's Comet »

captian_napalm wrote:I have a 65 inline 200, and the previous owner said it is burning oil.......ok needs rings right????? no.. it needs cylinder sleeves.....what the heck are these?
Cylinder sleeves are used to repair damaged cylinder bores. Some engines have them from factory. Don't know if the 200 had them from factory. Thought mostly diesel and industrial engines had them from factory so engine could be rebuilt without removing block.

But basically they are the bore

lavron
Site Admin

Post by lavron »

captian_napalm wrote:I have a 65 inline 200, and the previous owner said it is burning oil.......ok needs rings right????? no.. it needs cylinder sleeves.....what the heck are these?
Most likely rings, sleeves are to repair the cylinder usually, if you had one so worn or over bored (which is not likely) I would find a different block. Valve seals are bad about leaking as well, if that was the case it would smoke when it starts up and then clear up.

See Ya,
Mike
Mike's build thread
viewtopic.php?f=9&t=13058

captian_napalm

Post by captian_napalm »

looking in Macs every other motor has rings available for purchase except the 200. All they show listed is rings.

lavron
Site Admin

Post by lavron »

you should be able to get rings anywhere (they are sometimes listed as 3.3L engines) like the local auto parts store, you might want to check and make sure it has not been bored out and has oversized pistons before you buy. Also check the bores and see how they look, if it is a pretty good engine a quick hone might be all it needs before putting the new rings on.

See Ya,
Mike
Mike's build thread
viewtopic.php?f=9&t=13058

captian_napalm

Post by captian_napalm »

i believe its all original. the guy I got it from pulled it from his wife's mustang for a v-8....After all I have read about the 200, it is the better choice.