what did you do to your comet today?

Off Topic Posts Welcome. Personal Attacks, Profanity or Obcenity will not be Tolerated.
poboyjo65

Re: what did you do to your comet today?

Post by poboyjo65 »

Fred if you had an old mopar I picture it to look like this one. :lol: :lol: Would look good parked next to sassy ,,, A? :lol: I figure it would have those crossram intakes like my daddys had,with the 4 bbls out on the inner fenders ,but yours would have super chargers in between them & twin turbos too! :lol: Am I way off or do I have you pegged Fred? :lol: :lol:
Attachments
fury.jpg
fury.jpg (71.25 KiB) Viewed 4176 times
Johno

SASSY

Post by SASSY »

WOW!!! That mighta just got out of the Photoshop but what a stunning pic!
I showed it to Marilyn her reaction was the same as mine!
Thanks for the eye opener on a very heavy overcast morning.
Fred
I'd rather do it myself if it's done right or not,,,isn't that what hotrodding is all about

Jims65cyclone

Post by Jims65cyclone »

This was my first ride. 1960 Plymouth. My dad towed me home in it when I was 14. Had fins like a fish, and to my great regret, a slant six. :roll: :lol:
Jim

tomb22

Post by tomb22 »

This is what I did to my comet today. I could just about cry :cry: Long story short, I was trying to load a engine hoist on to a trailer and it got away from me. I need to realize what I can and can't do as an old geezer. I'm totally bummed.
Tom
tomb's 65

poboyjo65

Post by poboyjo65 »

Damn,,quarter too,,,sorry man :cry: only way to get over it is fix it :wink:
Johno

popscomet

Post by popscomet »

dang !! that hoist must have some force behind it,,,,and just think......no one to blame but self :shock: (but it could have worst,,,YOU COULD HAVE GOTTEN HURT) hang in there...POP
pop/glenda

popscomet

Post by popscomet »

IT's been 1mo today since my comet has been started seemed to me ,so's I fired it up and went for a short little ride,,of course with edelbrock carbs on it,,it had to crank over a bit till it picked up it's prime,,busted off and was ready to go...I know for sure I need to replace the heater core,,40 degrees outside today let that fact be known....ran like a fine swiss watch,,got several thumbs up and gathered a very small crowd when I stopped to vist a lawnmower repair shop...bad weather is in store for us so it'll sit for awhile ...but it's always enjoyable just to tool around and listen to the motor and just shift it... :wink: pop
pop/glenda

Jims65cyclone

Post by Jims65cyclone »

tomb22 wrote:I could just about cry :cry: Long story short, I was trying to load a engine hoist on to a trailer and it got away from me.
Man, that sucks, Tom! I can empathize with you, to a degree. A couple of years ago I hauled my utility trailer to the dump with a load and forgot to close the trailer hitch latch onto the ball. There was enough tong weight to miraculously keep the trailer on the ball until I reached the dump. When I stepped up on the back of the trailer to empty it, the hitch came off the ball, I stumbled off the trailer as it moved forward, then the tong came down, gouging down my truck tailgate from top to bottom. It's a sick feeling. Like John said, the only way to get over it is fix it. At least you've had plenty of practice and know how to go about it. :roll:
Jim

caseville cyclone

Post by caseville cyclone »

Oh my GOSH!!!! What a freak accident,I really feel for you. As long as we are confessing about 5 years ago I hooked on to my equipment trailer with my Buick Enclave and took off to town. My wife said she forgot something so I turned around and went back home and pulled into the driveway. She ran into the house to get what she forgot,returned to the car and I backed down the driveway and completely forgot about the trailer. Needless to say I jack knife the trailer into the back of the car and did $4000.00 worth of damage,thankfully insurance company took care of it. Talk about a complete brain cramp,along with feeling like a complete idiot. I know this doesn't make you feel any better Tom but most of us have made a bad decision at one time in our lives. I agree, I would feel totally sick if I did this to my Comet but you and I both know it can be fixed. Good luck! Andy

tomb22

Post by tomb22 »

Thanks everyone. It's hard to admit that it's your own fault. Should have moved the car out of the garage. Could have loaded the lift in the driveway. Would have been nice to have some help. Anyway I'm getting over it.
Thanks again for sharing some of your own blunders.
Tom
tomb's 65

popscomet

Post by popscomet »

POP is an award winning ,,BLUNDER MAKER, !!...my son gives me one often.... :shock: :lol: :lol: even at 70yrso,there ain't nuttin I can't do :? :shock: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: just ask me !!...pop
pop/glenda

poboyjo65

Post by poboyjo65 »

I was doing some work to my sisters garage. putting on garage doors & windows & stuff. some of the work involved cleaning & straightening up the clutter. her husband had a tall locker,an empty double locker in the center of 2 bays. I put a console for a 60s chevy on top of it. later he pulled his 67 chevyII with brand new paint in the bay I cleaned up. weeks later my sister bumped the locker, it fell on the car & put marks on the quarter similar to yours Tom. I felt really bad for putting it up there,,, but it was like 10 # of chit in a 5# bag . he lost interest some time after that & sold it unfinished,he never even drove it. :oops:
Johno

StPro

Post by StPro »

That hurts just to look at it.
Only use the brakes to stop and get gas.
Projects
65 Comet 421Stroker
93 Mark VIII Supercharged w/Fogger
70 Torino GT

SASSY

Post by SASSY »

When I hurt mine I think it sat under a car cover for 3 months before I could even look at it.
Sorry don't have any words of wisdom and u probably know all the swear words I do,,, :cry:
I'd rather do it myself if it's done right or not,,,isn't that what hotrodding is all about

tomb22

Post by tomb22 »

SASSY wrote:When I hurt mine I think it sat under a car cover for 3 months before I could even look at it.
Sorry don't have any words of wisdom and u probably know all the swear words I do,,, :cry:
Thanks man
I'm thinking of getting it to a good body shop as soon as I can so I don't have to look at it each day. I have some paint left over so the match should be good. I think if I try and fix it myself I will just get more bummed.
Tom
tomb's 65