what did you do to your comet today?

Off Topic Posts Welcome. Personal Attacks, Profanity or Obcenity will not be Tolerated.
poboyjo65

Re: what did you do to your comet today?

Post by poboyjo65 »

tomb22 wrote:
SASSY wrote:When I hurt mine I think it sat under a car cover for 3 months before I could even look at it.
Sorry don't have any words of wisdom and u probably know all the swear words I do,,, :cry:
Thanks man
I'm thinking of getting it to a good body shop as soon as I can so I don't have to look at it each day. I have some paint left over so the match should be good. I think if I try and fix it myself I will just get more bummed.
Tom
That's a good way to look at it. fix it & forget it. Fred was probably snowed in for 3 months waiting on the big thaw :lol: :lol:
just make sure to get someone who'll get right on it. Roy called it paint jail. I had the tires rot off one in a body shop. check out the right front;
Johno

Maxine and Me

Post by Maxine and Me »

Got "Maxine the Merc" all washed, waxed and California Car Covered for the winter. Haven't driven her for at least a month now. She was smoking occasionally on startup, and that was when morning lows were still in the 60s! I know at least one of her lifters is going out, so it might be from that. Either way, old Maxine's hibernating in the detached garage until I've got money saved up for her "heart surgery." Today was the warmest day of the week, so it was the best time to prep her for winter. Good thing too, we're supposed to get about 6 inches of snow at least on Friday and Saturday.

On a side note, it's been a long while since I've done anything on this forum. I need to be a little more active on here, maybe even start a picture/story thread of all the different road trips Maxine and I have been on since I got her. Where would I post that, by the way?

SASSY

Post by SASSY »

Where would I post that, by the way?
Here,,, and there :P
The more pics and stories the better!!!
I'd rather do it myself if it's done right or not,,,isn't that what hotrodding is all about

poboyjo65

Post by poboyjo65 »

Maxine and Me wrote:Got "Maxine the Merc" all washed, waxed and California Car Covered for the winter. Haven't driven her for at least a month now. She was smoking occasionally on startup, and that was when morning lows were still in the 60s! I know at least one of her lifters is going out, so it might be from that. Either way, old Maxine's hibernating in the detached garage until I've got money saved up for her "heart surgery." Today was the warmest day of the week, so it was the best time to prep her for winter. Good thing too, we're supposed to get about 6 inches of snow at least on Friday and Saturday.

On a side note, it's been a long while since I've done anything on this forum. I need to be a little more active on here, maybe even start a picture/story thread of all the different road trips Maxine and I have been on since I got her. Where would I post that, by the way?
Would love to see pics & hears stories,we all do. & anyone who dont can stuff a sock in it! :lol: I'd say post them in ''showing off'' or the year of your car like the ''64-65'' section is where mine is.
Johno

SASSY

Post by SASSY »

poboyjo65 wrote:Fred if you had an old mopar I picture it to look like this one. :lol: :lol: Would look good parked next to sassy ,,, A? :lol: I figure it would have those crossram intakes like my daddys had,with the 4 bbls out on the inner fenders ,but yours would have super chargers in between them & twin turbos too! :lol: Am I way off or do I have you pegged Fred? :lol: :lol:
I'd rather do it myself if it's done right or not,,,isn't that what hotrodding is all about

comethead

Post by comethead »

Took the Comet out for a high desert drive with my son. He was all smiles!! :D

Joe
1965 Caliente HT- 289/4 speed
1964 Falcon HT- track car- 302/4 speed

popscomet

Post by popscomet »

DAD GUM !!!!! that boy has grown...can't beat those kids !!!!!!!! the comet ain't to bad :wink: how about that baby girl ??
pop/glenda

comethead

Post by comethead »

popscomet wrote:DAD GUM !!!!! that boy has grown...can't beat those kids !!!!!!!! the comet ain't to bad :wink: how about that baby girl ??
Thanks Pop! Yeah that little dude is 10 now and is getting to be a great mini baseball player!
My little girl was home with mama so it was boys time out 8)

Joe

SASSY

Post by SASSY »

TOO COOL!!
They grow so fast 8)
Thanks for sharing
Fred

Jims65cyclone

Post by Jims65cyclone »

Good memories being made there. :wink:
Jim

Groover

Post by Groover »

comethead wrote:
popscomet wrote:DAD GUM !!!!! that boy has grown...can't beat those kids !!!!!!!! the comet ain't to bad :wink: how about that baby girl ??
Thanks Pop! Yeah that little dude is 10 now and is getting to be a great mini baseball player!

Joe
Comets and Baseball... what's not to like?
1964 Comet Caliente Convertible
30,000 miles on our rebuild

All Comets start out as dreams...

thrnelson

Post by thrnelson »

Just heard the new exhaust on my Comet and it sounds great. I tried installing the Hooker Super Comp headers and they would not fit, they were too deep. I then tried the Flowtech shorties which a Holley Tech rep said would definitely fit, they were deeper than the Super Comps. I finally tried the Hedman 88400 shorties and they fit great even with the Unisteer Rack and pinion. I went with a 2 1/2 " , H pipe and Cherry Bomb Pro mufflers and the tips all the way out the back. I used to have stock manifolds, 2 1/4" with no name turbo style mufflers. What a difference this makes. I know there has been a lot of conversations about headers so I wanted to put out a success story.

Trent

comethead

Post by comethead »

Groover wrote:
comethead wrote:

Joe
Comets and Baseball... what's not to like?
Man this boy is ALL ABOUT baseball!! He’s actually rekindled my love of the sport.

poboyjo65

Post by poboyjo65 »

Took Serafina out to stretch her legs today. she was raring to go! She likes cool air! I forgot how good that little heater works! :D we got the fluids churned,moisture burned out,battery charged & the soot blown out. Nice day! :D
Johno

popscomet

Post by popscomet »

Serafina ?????? dad gum what a name,,,is it listed in the book of baby names !!!??? :? :wink:
pop/glenda