Track Report

Off Topic Posts Welcome. Personal Attacks, Profanity or Obcenity will not be Tolerated.
loman

Re: Track Report

Post by loman »

I'm starting to get racin' fever! Check out the cool license plate!
Attachments
thumbnail_IMG_2344.jpg
thumbnail_IMG_2344.jpg (48.68 KiB) Viewed 4103 times

Jims65cyclone

Post by Jims65cyclone »

Cool pic, too! 8)
Jim

poboyjo65

Post by poboyjo65 »

Jims65cyclone wrote:Cool pic, too! 8)
Jim
I with ya Jim. Loman you should make that your sig pic.

BTW, I saw a complete 65 front clip in fiberglass the other day on facebook. I meant to get a link to them & forgot. your pic reminded me of it.
Johno

popscomet

Post by popscomet »

OL POP fired the ol red rooster up today,let it run til it got normal temp...I never tire of listening to that plunkin 289..it has been a few weeks since it has been started....and with those edelbrock carbs it has to spin like a button on an out-house door,til they get charged up..then they bust off like a bullet from then on...or til it sits awhile...and of course I put 2 of them on this cobra motor,,I should have went with hollys ,,but I wasn't thinking straight,I just knew how good the comet does and so I just stuck with the edelbrocks trying to make another dependable set up....
pop/glenda

popscomet

Post by popscomet »

popscomet wrote:OL POP fired the ol red rooster up today,let it run til it got normal temp...I never tire of listening to that plunkin 289..it has been a few weeks since it has been started....and with those edelbrock carbs it has to spin like a button on an out-house door,til they get charged up..then they bust off like a bullet from then on...or til it sits awhile...and of course I put 2 of them on this cobra motor,,I should have went with hollys ,,but I wasn't thinking straight,I just knew how good the comet does and so I just stuck with the edelbrocks trying to make another dependable set up....
don't know what I was thinking..OL POP put this in the wrong hole...sorry :!: :? :? :?
pop/glenda

poboyjo65

Post by poboyjo65 »

:shock: :shock:
wrong rooster hole?

:lol: :lol:
Johno

popscomet

Post by popscomet »

poboyjo65 wrote::shock: :shock:
wrong rooster hole?

:lol: :lol:
:lol: :lol: :lol: wrong HEN HOUSE !!!! :wink:
pop/glenda

riverbum

Post by riverbum »

Thought I would stop by and say hello. It's been a month of Sundays since I have stopped by. Wish I still had my 65, and I keep looking wherever I go, and keep an eye on the sales boards, but a decent Comet is hard to find in my price range.
Hope everyone is doing well.

poboyjo65

Post by poboyjo65 »

Hey good to hear from you!! :D
Johno

popscomet

Post by popscomet »

don't be such a stranger with or without a comet !!!POP
pop/glenda

riverbum

Post by riverbum »

I will be checking in more often. I found a 65 4 speed hardtop the other day, but was too late getting there. The guy who bought it took it home and tripled the price. Made me sick.
Since I am settled in to my my new position at work, I have a little more free time, so I may try and stop by Pigeon Forge this year. I'm thinking about taking my Bronco up to the Bronco gathering next month at Cade's Cove, and I have a gig to play in Townsend, TN, just outside of Pigeon Forge, in May.
Hope you and Mrs. Pop are doing well.

loman

Post by loman »

Test and tune day at the track and they took forever to get the cars down the track. Seems like there was more down time than run time. The only 1/4 mile track in my backyard usually only runs 1/8 mile for the Pro class so there's not to many chances to race 1/4 mile in cool dry air 55 degree 40% RH. Well, I have to say I think my car likes that cool air a lot. My 1st & 2nd ever 9 second time slip.
Attachments
IMG_2444 (1).JPG
IMG_2444 (1).JPG (106.53 KiB) Viewed 3975 times

popscomet

Post by popscomet »

ever ford I ever owned in my life that ran extra good did it on a damp chilly day,,back in the day my Y block 3x2's ran their best on a misty day....either that or I was so younge that I didn't have no fear factor :shock: :shock:
pop/glenda

Lip Ripper

Post by Lip Ripper »

Gittin'r dun. Now get on top of that tree.
66 Cyclone GT; 245/60R15's on 15x8's and 215/70R15's on 15x7 Magnum's.
There's nothing like the sound of a pushrod V8 singing at the top of her lung's.

loman

Post by loman »

Lip Ripper wrote:Gittin'r dun. Now get on top of that tree.
After I posted it, I thought should have blocked out those reaction times, but it was to late. :oops: