Track Report

Off Topic Posts Welcome. Personal Attacks, Profanity or Obcenity will not be Tolerated.
caseville cyclone

Re: Track Report

Post by caseville cyclone »

Way to go Loman,thats flying. That Comet gets faster and faster. Do you think the FE will be ready this year? I guess it really doesn't matter when you have a 9 second car going down the track. Its early yet, reaction times will come. Andy

loman

Post by loman »

Andy, we buttoned up the Fe the other week and i attempted to drop it in today but was having some issues. It was a lot easier with a dummy block and trans then it is with a complete motor and tranny for some reason. Our goal is to have it running and make a few passes by the end of April so we can correct any issues and take both cars to a 2 day ford race, but we will see.

caseville cyclone

I'll be looking forward to the track report. Are you racing both or are you going to let your crew chief have some seat time? Andy

loman

Post by loman »

I' pulled up at the track today 3 hours from my home and who do I run into. I ran into maverick, Groover's son,Small world

loman

Post by loman »

Lost in the 3rd round. Ran a few 6.38's and a 6.37. Round I lost in th opponent ran his number dead on and he had .010 on me on the tree. Thinking I might put the smaller tires back on the front to help the reaction times.

loman

Post by loman »

I like to think I got very fortunate at the track yesterday. I had a problem with the car and I think I was lucky it happened where it did. I was pumping the brake pedal up to apply line lock and the Wilwood pedal assembly broke. I could only imagine what would have happened if that happened after I crossed the finish line at 100+.
Attachments
brake pedal.jpg
brake pedal.jpg (106.11 KiB) Viewed 4124 times

SASSY

Post by SASSY »

Sometimes being lucky is better than being good!!!
Wow,
I'd rather do it myself if it's done right or not,,,isn't that what hotrodding is all about

poboyjo65

Post by poboyjo65 »

DANG ! :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: I think I'd go with a different design,that even looks puny. wonder why they used aluminum on that? :shock:
Johno

loman

Post by loman »

I got the pedal assembly removed tonight. Here is another picture of it. By the way, a buddy told me I should buy a lottery ticket because I was lucky it didn't happen on the top end. I told him there was no use in buying the lottery ticket. I done used up all my luck and I'm ok with that.

Hey Pop, what do you guys use on your roundy round cars for brake pedals?
Attachments
brake pedal 2.jpg
brake pedal 2.jpg (146.41 KiB) Viewed 4106 times

caseville cyclone

OH CRAP!!!! Andy

poboyjo65

Post by poboyjo65 »

caseville cyclone wrote:OH CRAP!!!! Andy
is that a OH CRAP because you have that kind Andy? or just OH CRAP glad loman is still around to tell about it?
Johno

caseville cyclone

No, I don't have one thank goodness! But I am glad Lomans happened before the run and not at the finish line. Andy

loman

Post by loman »

Went to track last weekend and made it to the 4th round and 9 cars. Lost by .006. My time slip simulator app says that was just over an inch.

loman

Post by loman »

I haven't raced a lot this year but I did something tonight in the black car that I haven't done before. Win!!!!
I made it to 3 finals but I lost each one until tonight. It wasn't pretty but a win none the less. The cool thing about it was that not many cars showed up at track tonight. So they put everybody in 1 class. So I had to race against super pro guys that we're using there delay box. 7 rounds and win. I did have a bit of racers luck but no one red lit against me. The key run was the 6.433 on a 6.43 dial and .006 light which got me the bye run into semi finals.

SASSY

Post by SASSY »

Congrats!!
A lot of stuff has to go right right to make it through 7 rounds!
Fred
I'd rather do it myself if it's done right or not,,,isn't that what hotrodding is all about