Track Report

Off Topic Posts Welcome. Personal Attacks, Profanity or Obcenity will not be Tolerated.
caseville cyclone

Re: Track Report

Post by caseville cyclone »

Great win and great driving. Sounds like you have the car really dialed in. You have to cut a good light and run so close to your dial in and people say bracket racing is EASY. Good win Loman,congrats!!! Andy

poboyjo65

Post by poboyjo65 »

Congrats Loman!!! :D :D :D
Johno

popscomet

Post by popscomet »

good deal !! rattle the rods in that old ford !!! great to hear POP
pop/glenda

tomb22

Post by tomb22 »

Awesome job Loman :D :D
tomb's 65

Jims65cyclone

Post by Jims65cyclone »

Congratulations, Loman :!: :D

Jim

loman

Post by loman »

Thanks everybody. Like I said I had a lot of racers luck but I'll take it.

popscomet

Post by popscomet »

loman wrote:Thanks everybody. Like I said I had a lot of racers luck but I'll take it.
take it anyway you can legal and honestly …...I came in 4th place one night,,during tech ,3rd place was DQ'd,so that moved me into 3rd place at the pay window,,and I didn't back up takeing 3rd place money home.....I still came in 4th,but I was rewarded for being legal....pop
pop/glenda

popscomet

Post by popscomet »

WENT to the drag races tonight to watch the stick shift shoot out,,not a shortage of fox body stangs for sure,,,thought of OL ROY..after all a real race car has 3 pedals...but low and behold if a 59 EDSEL,was brought in on a trailer,,slicks..slap bars and a stout runnin 390 fe backed up with a 4spd,,,complete interior radio and all..run the 1/8th in less then 9sec.LOTS of fords !!
pop/glenda

A/FX
Comet Central Member

Post by A/FX »

popscomet wrote:WENT to the drag races tonight to watch the stick shift shoot out,,not a shortage of fox body stangs for sure,,,thought of OL ROY..after all a real race car has 3 pedals...but low and behold if a 59 EDSEL,was brought in on a trailer,,slicks..slap bars and a stout runnin 390 fe backed up with a 4spd,,,complete interior radio and all..run the 1/8th in less then 9sec.LOTS of fords !!
I saw that Edsel run when I visited George Ray’s Strip in May. Different for sure but I thought it was cool.
The owner told me he brought it back from the dead.
‘64 Cyclone/ Boss 302,quads,4spd, Winters 9”

popscomet

Post by popscomet »

the man that owns and drives the edsel is a engine builder at KEITH CRAFT located in HOLLYWOOD,ARK,,,it's a sorta pea green color with painted steel whls..it's different for sure....the dang thing will haul some booty to be such a boat !! :shock: it still has the vacumn wipers,,nothing fancy for sure,,just plain ol edsel
pop/glenda

Lip Ripper

Post by Lip Ripper »

Way to go Loman. great light .006. And where is the cut line for Super Pro these days?

Pop, I saw a video of that Edsel yesterday. Working for craft, I'm surprised it has a stock throw on the crank. And the heads are D2 castings with the Craft CNC porting.
66 Cyclone GT; 245/60R15's on 15x8's and 215/70R15's on 15x7 Magnum's.
There's nothing like the sound of a pushrod V8 singing at the top of her lung's.

popscomet

Post by popscomet »

several yrs ago,,it was KUNTZ N CRAFT,,,THEY were into all most FORDS only,they split,,for what ever reason,,,,then craft would build all of it,,,many yrs ago I wanted a brand new straight from FORD a 3,55ls 8.8 rear end housing and rear gear set up for my cobra,and a 3.73ls 8.8 rear gear and housing for my 84 5.0 5spd mercury capri,,KUNTZ was the only FORD MOTOR SPORTS DEALER around,,he was at least 2hr drive from me,,but I still made the trip and he got them for me,,he was a very nice person to deal with...he has since passed away,,,,was at a dirt race one night,,was 2 modifieds raceing with FORD wrote all over them,,,blue ovals everywhere,,,went over to his pit,,as they had craft ford ,,,come to find out 1 was ford pwrd the other was GM...I turned and walked away,,,,,back in 98 the MOBILE ONE FORD POWER TOUR came thru this area,,I drove my comet to KEITH CRAFT IN SE ARK, and had a eat out he sponsored for that cruise, was great,,, meet up with the bunch next day at MEMPHIS MOTORSTATE PARK the next morning and caravanned into BOWLING GREEN KENTUCKY,,all fords as far as you could see,,POP was in HOG HEAVEN,,not a damn GM in sight...had to pinch myself to make sure I wasn't dreaming....
pop/glenda

popscomet

Post by popscomet »

me an Dwayne went to the drag races yesterday and til 11pm last night to watch the stick shift shoot out again and they also had the old geezer races with some of the old heads from days gone by that still have their cars and still race from time to time...that edsel was there and a 65 comet ,,never got to talk to the comet,,,was wondering if by chance he might be a member on here from days gone by that just don't get on here much ??? it was solid blue,2drht..ran good !! found out that stick shift shoot out is a series that is held a few times all year,,,so we are thinking about installing plastic glass in OL RUSTY and just run it that class a few times a year,,,that way we won't be tied to a race track every week like we used to be with those dirt cars... besides,,,we don't make good on lookers sitting in a lawn chair....we'd rather be out there mixing it up with them,,,winning is GREAT,,but having FUN is way more important to us....it's all about the challenge to win and do better....
pop/glenda

lavron
Site Admin

Post by lavron »

popscomet wrote:hey also had the old geezer races with some of the old heads from days gone by that still have their cars and still race from time to time
Well if they have old geezers racing maybe they would let you in :P :lol:

See Ya,
Mike
Mike's build thread
viewtopic.php?f=9&t=13058

popscomet

Post by popscomet »

lavron wrote:
popscomet wrote:hey also had the old geezer races with some of the old heads from days gone by that still have their cars and still race from time to time
Well if they have old geezers racing maybe they would let you in :P :lol:

See Ya,
Mike
:lol: :lol: MIKE..they took one look at me....said POP go home and get that old ford ,YOU QUALAFIE !!…..and ask Dwayne will you make sure he remembers to buckle up ?? :lol: :lol:
pop/glenda