BaT 'Bring a Trailer" auction site

Off Topic Posts Welcome. Personal Attacks, Profanity or Obcenity will not be Tolerated.
Lip Ripper

BaT 'Bring a Trailer" auction site

Post by Lip Ripper »

Well, I've been seeing these guys very active in classic's lately. I chose them to sell my 240Z. It is interesting how they work. You submit your photo's and story of the car and they decide if they want to auction it from that. The cool part is the bidders detailed history, you can see every car they've purchased on there. And there is a chat feature and it has been blowing up over my Z. It has been a very interesting read to say the least. Bidding is at $39,000 and it ends Friday at 5:30pm. C'mon 50k.

Stacey
66 Cyclone GT; 245/60R15's on 15x8's and 215/70R15's on 15x7 Magnum's.
There's nothing like the sound of a pushrod V8 singing at the top of her lung's.

Jims65cyclone

Re: BaT 'Bring a Trailer" auction site

Post by Jims65cyclone »

I read where Jay Leno purchased several of his cars off that site. Good luck with your Z!

Jim

popscomet

Post by popscomet »

if it ain't a FORD...POP HAS NO USE FOR IT...but as a friend I wish you the best of luck in getting top dollar out of it !! POPjmo
pop/glenda

Lip Ripper

Post by Lip Ripper »

Last edited by Lip Ripper on Wed Sep 04, 2019 6:41 am, edited 3 times in total.
There's nothing like the sound of a pushrod V8 singing at the top of her lung's.

Lip Ripper

Post by Lip Ripper »

A BaT auction follow up. What a platform. Over ten thousand views, 734 watchers and 38 bids for a hammer price of $66,420. It far exceeded my expectations. It is a new auction record for an original unrestored 240Z. Icing on the cake was the email I received last night, pasted below. It was purchased by a Nissan dealer and will be in the showroom next to a new Z in LA.

"Just received it. It is in great condition. Thank you again for this incredible vehicle.

I will send you a picture when it is positioned next to the modern Z."

Thanks again for all your help,
-James Romero

SASSY

Post by SASSY »

Congrats Lip!
What is your next project?
The amount of energy you expend on the range of autos you have
mentioned over the years is amazing!
Fred
I'd rather do it myself if it's done right or not,,,isn't that what hotrodding is all about

Lip Ripper

Post by Lip Ripper »

Another Meyers Manx, can you believe it? And Thanks. I still have the Disc brakes to put on my Cyclone. I keep telling myself to do that before another restoration is started.

And do tell where that transplant is going.

Jims65cyclone

Post by Jims65cyclone »

That's fantastic! Congratulations! How does it work? Does the auction house charge a percentage, and it's up to the buyer to arrange the shipment?
Jim

Lip Ripper

Post by Lip Ripper »

Jim it was easy. You submit your car and story. If they decide to take the listing, they charge $99 and assign a rep. to build your ad. It is a 7 day auction. It does not cost to have a reserve. At the end, they charge the buyer a 5% buyers premium. The buyer arranges transport. At the auction end, they give buyer and seller their contact information. At that time I gave the buyer wire transfer information from my bank. Once the money was transferred, I filled out the title, signed it and overnighted it to the buyer.

Stacey

Jims65cyclone

Post by Jims65cyclone »

Man! You can't beat that. Simple, fast, cheap and painless for the seller.

Jim

vicegrip

Post by vicegrip »

Stacey,those Z cars are really coming out of the woodwork on Ba-T. They saw what yours brought.Don't think there gonna make it that far. Had new 73 and 74,wrecked them both.Not totaled so I still got a decent price out of them. Absorbed the loss myself.Didn't file an insurance claim because rates were already sky high.Driving record wasn't that good.

Boss/Cyclone
Site Admin
Location: South Central Michigan (Near Michigan International Speedway)

Post by Boss/Cyclone »

I had a 260z in high school. Fun little car.
1965 Mercury Cyclone former drag car, 1971 Boss 351 engine, 4 speed, ladder bars, etc. Now returned to a street car.
Larry

Lip Ripper

Post by Lip Ripper »

vicegrip wrote:Stacey,those Z cars are really coming out of the woodwork on Ba-T. They saw what yours brought.Don't think there gonna make it that far. Had new 73 and 74,wrecked them both.Not totaled so I still got a decent price out of them. Absorbed the loss myself.Didn't file an insurance claim because rates were already sky high.Driving record wasn't that good.
You got that right! Now this guy named Larry that owns a bunch and his buddy that owns the 240Z guild are pumping a 71 that's coming up. It is museum quality so we'll see what happens. Fortunately mine was the peak from then until now.