My 70 Torino

Off Topic Posts Welcome. Personal Attacks, Profanity or Obcenity will not be Tolerated.
StPro

My 70 Torino

Post by StPro »

I hope this works for posting a pc
https://i.postimg.cc/bv779YfJ/torino-gt-1970.jpg
Only use the brakes to stop and get gas.
Projects
65 Comet 421Stroker
93 Mark VIII Supercharged w/Fogger
70 Torino GT

SASSY

Re: My 70 Torino

Post by SASSY »

Tidy!
W or C? Any other details?
I'd rather do it myself if it's done right or not,,,isn't that what hotrodding is all about

StPro

Post by StPro »

351c. The odometer just rolled over to 50k
Projects
65 Comet 421Stroker
70 Torino GT

popscomet

Post by popscomet »

THAT'S a ride right there....many yrs ago I had a chance to buy a red one with buckets,4spd with a W,,clean ,,,he wanted 1500 bucks for it ,I offered 1200,I drove away...many times since then I wish I had turned around and went back,but I didn't,at the time I thought it was to big,,,that's one of those deals I let get away,,all over 300 bucks !!! but back then those bucks were very,very hard to come by...but we live and learn !!! they sure look tough today !! pop
pop/glenda

StPro

Post by StPro »

It is a very nice driver.You are right they are big cars and not too fast in stock trim. It hits the scale at 3780Lb
The car was owned by my best friend Ken Long. He bought it new before he was of legal age in 1970. We raced that and my 71 Comet into the late 70's when he got married. His wife did not like racing. The last time he drove the car was in 84 when his daughter was born. He took his wife to the hospital in it because it was the only car with gas in it. He sold the racing engine and installer a stock engine. The next year his wife made him park it out side during the winter so she could do upholstery in the garage. I ruined the Candy Red paint on the car. His wife use to say I was a bad influence on him. She said every time we went some were together he would get goofy ideas about working on his car. I remember her saying Ken sell that Piece of Junk. His wife passed he still had the car 2010 we went to BIR muscle car shoot out he said lets redo the car. Days later Kens sister called me said he had 3 brain tumors removed. His sisters talked him into doing his car. So we spent the next year together tearing the car apart and rebuilding it what you see. Ken only drove the car once after we finisher it for 2 blocks. We did the 2012power tour and showed the car that year and won many trophy's Ken Passed in feb 2013 and left me the car.
Last edited by StPro on Thu Jan 02, 2020 5:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Projects
65 Comet 421Stroker
70 Torino GT

popscomet

Post by popscomet »

the biggest reason why I wanted one in the 1st place was just because my daughter was born in 1970,I had a 1967 fst bk stang for the yr my son was born in.....pop
pop/glenda

SASSY

Post by SASSY »

StPro wrote:It is a very nice driver.You are right they are big cars and not too fast in stock trim. It hits the scale at 3780Lb
The car was owned by my best friend Ken Long. He bought it new before he was of legal age in 1970. We raced that and my 71 Comet into the late 70's when he got married. His wife did not like racing. The last time he drove the car was in 84 when his daughter was born. He took his wife to the hospital in it because it was the only car with gas in it. He sold the racing engine and installer a stock engine. The next year his wife made him park it out side during the winter so she could do upholstery in the garage. I ruined the Candy Red paint on the car. His wife use to say I was a bad influence on him. She said every time we went some were together he would get goofy ideas about working on his car. I remember her saying Ken sell that Piece of Junk. His wife passed he still had the car 2010 we went to BIR muscle car shoot out he said lets redo the car. Days later Kens sister called me said he had 3 brain tumors removed. His sisters talked him into doing his car. So we spent the next year together tearing the car apart and rebuilding it what you see. Ken only drove the car once after we finisher it for 2 blocks. We did the 2012power tour and showed the car that year and won many trophy's Ken Passed in feb 2013 and left me the car.
That's a keeper,,, and ya you were an influence but I doubt it was bad.
3780,, New Mustangs weight more, I think.
Fred
I'd rather do it myself if it's done right or not,,,isn't that what hotrodding is all about

CosmicComets

Post by CosmicComets »

Great picture of you guys with the Power Tour buss. Heartfelt story, that car is now part of your family, you stood tall! I agree with Fred, you were a big positive in your friends life. Many years ago I had a close friend that put the car bug in me. My wife was not too excited :roll: when we built a 351W on the dining table, until... I let her drive at the drag strip. That was in 84', she is still a driving force in our carventures!

Take care, stay warm, Cary
65 Cyclone 460W, C4, trans brake, CalTracs
64 Cyclone (son's) 408W 8 stack EFI 6speed, Winters qc rear
64 Cyclone (son's)347, 4speed, mini tubbed 9"
1965 Caliente, 289, 4 speed, buckets, 51k miles
1969 428 CJ coupe (son's)
1965 Cyclone, tube chassis, 514bbf, glide w/brake

WARNING: all of my vehicles are armed with anti-thrift devices

StPro

Post by StPro »

I was busy playing on the computer and was thinking about my buddy Ken thought I'd share
Projects
65 Comet 421Stroker
70 Torino GT

lavron
Site Admin

Post by lavron »

That is an awesome Torino and story, I have always liked them but when I was growing up they were just common every day cars, like most of us these old cars remind us of younger days (if you were alive then :roll: ) Glad my teen years were in the 70's - early 80's when we still had cool cars before Washington got too involved.

See Ya,
Mike
Mike's build thread
viewtopic.php?f=9&t=13058

popscomet

Post by popscomet »

that is a picture to die for....that is a great thought !! pop
pop/glenda

tweaked

Post by tweaked »

Beautiful Torino and great friendship story.
Roger
65 comet 7.61@96mph 1/8
Made in Canada, Built for speed.
Tweaked65 on instagram

https://youtu.be/JCVwEitXSi4

Jims65cyclone

Post by Jims65cyclone »

Love that sig pic, Roger! 8) :wink:

Jim