Posting pictures

Off Topic Posts Welcome. Personal Attacks, Profanity or Obcenity will not be Tolerated.
LENYM

Posting pictures

Post by LENYM »

Hi, I have been trying to post pictures for about a year, I do not have trouble an other sights it says it is to big ? thanks Leny.

SASSY

Re: Posting pictures

Post by SASSY »

Hey Lenym have you gone through the thread on posting pics at the top of the lounge?
Although Photobucket isn't such a good choice anymore, it seems most hosts are basically the same.
Happy to give any guidance I can.
Fred
I'd rather do it myself if it's done right or not,,,isn't that what hotrodding is all about

riverbum

Post by riverbum »

Try using this link to upload your pics from your computer

https://postimages.org/

This is a pic I I used through this website

riverbum

Post by riverbum »

When the picture uploads, copy the "Thumbnail for forums" link and paste it on your post.

poboyjo65

Post by poboyjo65 »

riverbum wrote:When the picture uploads, copy the "Thumbnail for forums" link and paste it on your post.

while this may look ok on a phone they aren't much bigger than a thumbnail on a bigger screen. if you want the pics big enough to see on a desktop or laptop without having to click on each pic - click on the ''HOTLINK FOR FORUMS'' it will make it big enough for all of us to see.

you can also have it resize your pics as you upload them automatically (before you upload them),juct click on the resize link & choose the one for ''message boards'',,,it is the best all around size ;
Johno

riverbum

Post by riverbum »

poboyjo65 wrote:
riverbum wrote:When the picture uploads, copy the "Thumbnail for forums" link and paste it on your post.

while this may look ok on a phone they aren't much bigger than a thumbnail on a bigger screen. if you want the pics big enough to see on a desktop or laptop without having to click on each pic - click on the ''HOTLINK FOR FORUMS'' it will make it big enough for all of us to see.

you can also have it resize your pics as you upload them automatically (before you upload them),juct click on the resize link & choose the one for ''message boards'',,,it is the best all around size ;

Thanks!!

Jims65cyclone

Post by Jims65cyclone »

Hey, Riverbum! What is name of the paint color on your car? It looks very similar to the blue I'm thinking of painting mine.

Jim

riverbum

Post by riverbum »

Not real sure. I sold that Comet 6 or 7 years ago. It was painted when I got it.

tweaked

Post by tweaked »

Thnaks guys, I signed up with postimage.
Roger
65 comet 7.61@96mph 1/8
Made in Canada, Built for speed.
Tweaked65 on instagram

https://youtu.be/JCVwEitXSi4

SASSY

Post by SASSY »

Cool pic!
More!!!!
:mrgreen:
Fred
I'd rather do it myself if it's done right or not,,,isn't that what hotrodding is all about

A/FX
Comet Central Member

Post by A/FX »

I am just trying an image post as a test. For some reason the Postimage site only transfers a link instead of a thumbnail.
Let’s see if this image comes through......

‘64 Cyclone/ Boss 302,quads,4spd, Winters 9”

SASSY

Post by SASSY »

Now there is a rare little yellow flier!

poboyjo65

Post by poboyjo65 »

A/FX wrote: For some reason the Postimage site only transfers a link instead of a thumbnail.

Jim that looks a whole lot better than a thumbnail pic. On a desktop or laptop I have to click on a thumb nail to see it because they're so small. not a big deal on just one pic but when more than one pic is posted you can only see them one at a time,,, also I cant compare from pic to pic. but when they are big like that yeller comet I can just scroll up & down quick,& can see two or more at same time really good.
A/FX wrote:I am just trying an image post as a test.
as for a test, If you want to see how it will look before you post it click on ''preview'' before you hit ''submit''. instead of seeing what you wrote & the links to your pics you will see the writing & pics ,,,,,it will look exactly how it will look after you hit ''submit'' . If it is not how you want it you can change it or add more pics or writing & ''preview'' it again to see you changes before you submit.
Johno

A/FX
Comet Central Member

Post by A/FX »

SASSY wrote:Now there is a rare little yellow flier!
That is a photo of the Comet I built for my wife many years ago. It matched my black Comet GT.I sold both cars back in the 90’s, the yellow car is now in Ohio somewhere and the black car is near here but has not seen daylight in many years.
Kind of wish I still had them but at the time I had limited space and wanted my ‘64 Cyclone more that those two so I sold off a bunch of cars.
Jim

A/FX
Comet Central Member

Post by A/FX »

poboyjo65 wrote:
A/FX wrote: For some reason the Postimage site only transfers a link instead of a thumbnail.

Jim that looks a whole lot better than a thumbnail pic. On a desktop or laptop I have to click on a thumb nail to see it because they're so small. not a big deal on just one pic but when more than one pic is posted you can only see them one at a time,,, also I cant compare from pic to pic. but when they are big like that yeller comet I can just scroll up & down quick,& can see two or more at same time really good.
A/FX wrote:I am just trying an image post as a test.
as for a test, If you want to see how it will look before you post it click on ''preview'' before you hit ''submit''. instead of seeing what you wrote & the links to your pics you will see the writing & pics ,,,,,it will look exactly how it will look after you hit ''submit'' . If it is not how you want it you can change it or add more pics or writing & ''preview'' it again to see you changes before you submit.

Thanks for the pointers. I did exactly what you described last night but the photo would not attach. Today I tried it again and it worked fine. See my last post under 64-65 Comets.
Thanks!
Jim