CLUTCH/ STAINLESSS BRAKE TRIM RINGS

The Big Comets
thos25

CLUTCH/ STAINLESSS BRAKE TRIM RINGS

Post by thos25 »

Does any one know where I can find stainless trim rings for my clutch and brake pedals? Do MUSTANG rings fit? OR, can a guy change rubber pads from a MUSTANG and install those on the pedal supports? THANKS and Kind Regards to all,TOM

A/FX
Comet Central Member

Re: CLUTCH/ STAINLESSS BRAKE TRIM RINGS

Post by A/FX »

thos25 wrote:Does any one know where I can find stainless trim rings for my clutch and brake pedals? Do MUSTANG rings fit? OR, can a guy change rubber pads from a MUSTANG and install those on the pedal supports? THANKS and Kind Regards to all,TOM
I do not believe you will find stainless trim the will fit directly on the Comet rubber pad, the pads made for trim have a recess around the perimeter to allow the stainless trim to fit.

I Installed stainless trim on my Comet’s pedals back in the 70’s when I parted out a Boss 302 Mustang for the drivetrain. I tried to use every part of the Mustang and the pedal trim look cool. I had to trim the steel pad on the pedals to fit the Mustang rubber pads, they are a different shape compared to the Comet. I also used the gas pedal and cable to eliminate the solid linkage. Attached is a photo taken during mock up a few months ago.
Jim
‘64 Cyclone/ Boss 302,quads,4spd, Winters 9”

poboyjo65

Post by poboyjo65 »

A/FX wrote: Jim
Jim that clutch pedal looks a little cockeyed, not like you even on mock up ! :lol: :lol:
Johno

A/FX
Comet Central Member

Post by A/FX »

poboyjo65 wrote:
A/FX wrote: Jim
Jim that clutch pedal looks a little cockeyed, not like you even on mock up ! :lol: :lol:
It is just your imagination! Trust me if they were not symmetrical it would drive me nuts! It took me a while to mount the gas pedal and make it feel good, look right, and give the cable a straight shot to the carburetors.
Jim
‘64 Cyclone/ Boss 302,quads,4spd, Winters 9”

poboyjo65

Post by poboyjo65 »

:lol: I trust you ! :lol: It may be the camera angle ,,or an optical illusion , but in the pic they look cockeyed to me so I had to rib you a little. I put a straight line under it & see what I meant, :lol:
Attachments
427-F4-C6-A-4-AA9-45-F7-9-FF0-9254-C6-C56-A75.jpg
427-F4-C6-A-4-AA9-45-F7-9-FF0-9254-C6-C56-A75.jpg (131.55 KiB) Viewed 1677 times
Johno