Bill's still at it!!

Off Topic Posts Welcome. Personal Attacks, Profanity or Obcenity will not be Tolerated.
SASSY

Bill's still at it!!

Post by SASSY »

I'd rather do it myself if it's done right or not,,,isn't that what hotrodding is all about

popscomet

Re: Bill's still at it!!

Post by popscomet »

great he drives a comet,huh ??…..pop
pop/glenda

vicegrip

Post by vicegrip »

So I guess there's still hope for me then.We have a circle track guy in his late 70's.So Bill's running in the 9's at 140+ at his age...with a stick.How awesome is that!! Kinda wondering about the setup,though. 770 horse out of a 400 inch SBF,pump gas no less,just doesn't add up.He is winding it up pretty tight but there has to be something else going on there.

loman

Post by loman »

Fred, thanks for posting the link! That is awesome that Bill is still living the dream.

popscomet

Post by popscomet »

vicegrip wrote:So I guess there's still hope for me then.We have a circle track guy in his late 70's.So Bill's running in the 9's at 140+ at his age...with a stick.How awesome is that!! Kinda wondering about the setup,though. 770 horse out of a 400 inch SBF,pump gas no less,just doesn't add up.He is winding it up pretty tight but there has to be something else going on there.
yes,you can'i help but think who wrote the spec's on this article ????///OL POP is on his side,don't take me wrong,,I'm almost 72,,I hope that I am that tough in 10 yrs...so he is a heroe for sure....POP
pop/glenda

SASSY

Post by SASSY »

Seen the car run when I was out to Mission to watch Roy and Brian run in 2012.
Ran 9s then, pulled a little trailer to the track with his stuff from the island.
On and off the ferry through Vancouver's insane traffic and an hour on the highway to the track.
Then change tires, drop exhaust etc,,, MAN, kinda shuts down a few excuses,,,EH!
FRED
I'd rather do it myself if it's done right or not,,,isn't that what hotrodding is all about

StPro

Post by StPro »

Inspiration for all- Never quit living the dream.
Only use the brakes to stop and get gas.
Projects
65 Comet 421Stroker
93 Mark VIII Supercharged w/Fogger
70 Torino GT

roguee

Post by roguee »

I traded Bill for the 331 rotating assembly out of the comet he rolled in Port Alberni for a set of doors for his new comet. Later I gave him a wiring harness and tail lights. The old comet was running 11.30s the day it rolled. Bill's comet inspired me in my late teens and early 20s to buy a 65.
Roger

tweaked

Post by tweaked »

I traded Bill for the 331 rotating assembly out of the comet he rolled in Port Alberni for a set of doors for his new comet. Later I gave him a wiring harness and tail lights. The old comet was running 11.30s the day it rolled. Bill's comet inspired me in my late teens and early 20s to buy a 65.
Roger
Yes a double posts as I just got access to my old user name.
Big THANKS Mike
65 comet 7.61@96mph 1/8
Made in Canada, Built for speed.
Tweaked65 on instagram

https://youtu.be/JCVwEitXSi4

comethead

Post by comethead »

Totally awesome !!
1965 Caliente HT- 289/4 speed
1964 Falcon HT- track car- 302/4 speed

vicegrip

Post by vicegrip »

popscomet

Post by popscomet »

pulled a little trailer to the track with his stuff from the island.
On and off the ferry through Vancouver's insane traffic and an hour on the highway to the track.
Then change tires, drop exhaust etc,,, MAN,
FRED[/quote]
that"s the part along with shifting it that amazes me ,,,wife has a 94 yro uncle that lives next to us,,he has a 5acre place that he keeps manicured like a public park,all by hisself,brush hogg with tractor ,mows trims everyday,,is never still,,still goes deer hunting,,still shoots a 30-06 rifle never fails to get at least one deer per season,,,still takes a snort or 2 of hard stuff aday..just awsom to watch in the hot sun wearing that big brim straw hat and his long sleeve shirt and overalls sitting on his massey ferg tractor,,,and his name is BILL...must be something in that name !!!....and he drives a 6cyl ford pu,,,,pop
pop/glenda

redhotcomet

Post by redhotcomet »

Never slow down, you never get old, as they say. I work for a grain farmer, and his dad still helps out a lot on the farm at 82 (83?) years of age. Simply amazes me. Still puts in the long hours at harvest that guys 30 years his junior (or 45!) struggle to do. Shows no signs of slowing down either. Someday I'm going to ask him his secret, but clearly part of it is simply not slowing down.
1964 Caliente hardtop, 302/T5/8.8"

Lige66

Post by Lige66 »

Way to go,Bill.
I have 2 66 comet ragtops but no where near as fast!
If you're ever in tulsa,look me up.
Lige66. Gerry

tweaked

Post by tweaked »

Careful guys there is a strange link added to my comment.
Roger
65 comet 7.61@96mph 1/8
Made in Canada, Built for speed.
Tweaked65 on instagram

https://youtu.be/JCVwEitXSi4